Will interact directly with residents and their families/ responsible parties, and all levels of staff.
To support the facility in the care and treatment of residents. To serve as a liaison between our customers and various departments. Represents the facility and its staff to our customers and to the community. Upholds the values and mission of Volunteers of America to peers and the public. Customers include residents of the facility and their families, and staff.
1. Serve as a customer service representative
a. Greets and directs visitors.
b. Informs residents of package deliveries.
c. Responds to residents’ requests.
d. Customer service visit; inquire with residents how things are, anything needed, etc.
Explain the questionnaire to follow – purpose as double check on resident/family
2. Reports concerns about residents’ well-being to applicable department manager, following conflict resolution process.
3. Facilitates socialization among residents with a daily tracking system of residents visited and follow up with any issues.
4. Check in at every room every day in TCU/CCC – resident or family member.
5. Identify LTC beds (one per household) to also do daily check-ins – tracking system for needs and follow ups.
6. Help residents have a pleasant dining room experience.
a. Assure tables are set properly prior to mealtime.
b. Greet residents by name as they come to the dining room.
c. Assist residents to locate a seat with people they enjoy eating with.
7. Assists in keeping the environment safe for residents.
8. Reports problems with the interior and exterior of the building to the supervisor.
9. Cleans common areas as needed.
10. Performs other duties or special assignments as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to read, speak and write fluently in English; excellent communication and phone skills; ability to prepare written assessments and correspondence; ability to read and interpret rules and regulations; carry on negotiations for guest’s welfare on the phone.
2. Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
3. Ability to perform several job functions at once.
4. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.