Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity in the boating and fishing industry? Brunswick New York Mills Operations is the innovative manufacturer of Lund and Crestliner Boats. We pride ourselves on building the highest quality, most durable and innovative fishing boats in the industry. If you have a passion for fishing or boating, and desire a career in a growing organization with a team focus, we encourage you to apply for a position with us. Brunswick New York Mills Operations is looking for individuals to join our team who are proud of our incredible legacy and share in our vision to create life-long memories on the water!
The Compliance Technician assists in ensuring boats are designed and built to United States Coast Guard and American Boat and Yacht Console standards performing audits and required testing on boats and components. Will be generating detailed documentation of test results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up boats for floatation testing loading weights per ABYC standards and conduct floatation tests, must be able to lift 60 lbs.
- Conduct component testing per the standards.
- Certify new boat models with NMMA, Transport Canada, IMCI and CARB.
- Complete NMMA compliance specialist certification annually.
- Complete ABYC courses and exams to obtain Master Technician certification.
- Conduct compliance audits on boat completed and in process.
- Assist in compliance training for employees.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Possesses excellent writing skills and grammatical ability
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects with strong attention to detail and adhering to deadlines
- Ability to work semi-independently while taking direction/advice from the manager, supervisor and senior team members.
- Ability to collaborate with project managers and members of the engineering staff to produce accurate content
- Initiates information gathering from needed internal and external resources and works effectively in cross-functional teams
- Must be a tenacious, yet professional individual, who can work quickly while maintaining thoroughness and attention to detail and product quality.
- Ability to appreciate and maintain the highest level of customer service through relationship building and meeting commitments
- Embraces new ideas, tools and team direction to help the company and team move toward excellence and innovation.
- Hands-on mechanical ability
- Associates degree preferred but not necessary.
- Boat product knowledge and usage
- Experience with the following software: Adobe Acrobat Standard, Adobe illustrator, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Power Point, Teamcenter
- Standard office and shop environment – fast-paced hands-on technical work
- Casual dress code
About the Company:
Based in New York Mills, MN - Lund Boats has been manufacturing high quality aluminum and fiberglass fishing boats since 1948. Lund Boats are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing boat on the market. Whether you're a part-time weekend angler or a serious tournament pro or guide, Lund prides itself on delivering the Ultimate Fishing Experience!
Also located in New York Mills, MN, Crestliner celebrates 65 years in business and traces its origins to the Aluminum Boat Company that came to life within the walls of an airplane hanger back in 1946. Several transitions later, the company became known as Crestliner, and in 1991 the rivet-free UniWeld welded hull was a true revolution in aluminum boats. Crestliner continues to lead in innovations and setting new standards. Learn more about Crestliner and its line of boats by visiting www.Crestliner.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status recognized under applicable law.