Senior Manufacturing Analyst
The Senior Manufacturing Analyst acts as the primary administrator of Brunswick’s Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) for the site, providing guidance and support to manufacturing operations in their deployment of the applications.
The Senior Manufacturing Analyst acts as the primary subject matter expert for at least one of the MES applications for ABG, occasionally providing mentoring and support for other ABG sites with a focus on consistent deployment of the application, user training, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
This position maintains and authors the site’s Business Objects reports develops additional reports/analytics in tools including MS SQL, Business Objects, and Power BI.
MES applications currently in use include the Quality Control Information System (QC2), Shop Floor Manager (SFM), Andon Takt Clock System, Warehouse Management System (WMS/EPT), and Component Shop Floor (CSF).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer data system databases and reporting systems
- Refine, develop, and implement data collection systems strategies that optimize product quality and aid in product flow.
- Train employees in the use of data systems and monitor effectiveness of data collection methods
- Work closely with operational areas to prioritize business and information needs
- Perform data analysis; report top and trending nonconformance graphs and details to relevant departments
- Model data using MS Excel, Access, SQL, Business Objects, Power BI, and/or other data warehouse analytical tools
- Lead implementation, administration, and ongoing support of data tracking and reporting software
- Support data and reporting needs for other areas as requested
- Perform job duties in a manufacturing environment wearing PPE and performing duties with a safety mindset are expected.
- Other tasks as needed
- 4 years minimum with data analyst responsibility
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, and data mining
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc.), databases (SQL etc.) High competency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Project management skills: training and demonstrated successful use of tools
- Attention to detail ensuring records and data systems are current and accurate
- Experience working between various functional areas in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with data using Statistics, Pareto charts, metrics and graphical trend reporting, data-drilling, dashboards, etc.
- Experience using statistical packages to analyze large datasets (Excel, Minitab etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Requires excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or Information Management
- Or equivalent combination of work experience with a Technical degree may be considered
- Six Sigma Green Belt or formal Quality Assurance training beneficial
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high sound levels, welding processes, moving forklifts, elevated loads, and close quarters. The successful candidate will demonstrate a safety mindset to other employees.
- Computer skills and knowledge of 5S, Kaizen and LSS a plus
Requires standing, bending and twisting . Primarily a office setting.
About the Company:
Based in New York Mills, MN - Lund Boats has been manufacturing high quality aluminum and fiberglass fishing boats since 1948. Lund Boats are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing boat on the market. Whether you're a part-time weekend angler or a serious tournament pro or guide, Lund prides itself on delivering the Ultimate Fishing Experience!
Also located in New York Mills, MN, Crestliner celebrates 65 years in business and traces its origins to the Aluminum Boat Company that came to life within the walls of an airplane hanger back in 1946. Several transitions later, the company became known as Crestliner, and in 1991 the rivet-free UniWeld welded hull was a true revolution in aluminum boats. Crestliner continues to lead in innovations and setting new standards. Learn more about Crestliner and its line of boats by visiting www.Crestliner.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans).