Human Resources Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for cultivating partnerships with business leaders that help Brunswick New York Mills, continually enhance our ability to achieve results through people.
This role will promote corporate values in a designated business unit through human resources management - including talent management, organizational effectiveness, employee relations, workforce planning, conflict management, and employee engagement.
The successful candidate will actively seek information to understand customers’ circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs, and assimilate this information to apply novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities. Assimilate information and apply novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
Success in this role with require a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Provide day-to-day human resources support to employees with the underlying objective to strengthen employee relations and engagement to enhance a positive work environment.
- Build and cultivate consultative relationships with respective business leaders by meeting regularly and providing insight and guidance on maximizing team performance.
- Manage and resolve all mid-level to complex employee relations issues within client groups.
- Counsel employees and managers on job related issues, including providing assistance to managers on performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions.
- Conduct investigations and make recommendations based on findings by providing problem resolution through policies and procedures interpretation
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to assist in recruitment and selection processes as necessary and execute sourcing strategies, local career events, and local marketing campaigns.
- Facilitate new hire on-boarding to ensure quick and effective assimilations to the company.
- Plan, organize, and lead human resource activities, including employee engagement events and community involvement events.
- Consult and advise on cyclical human resource processes such as succession planning, talent reviews, performance reviews and the annual merit planning cycle.
- Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience and partner with management to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions
- Utilize HRIS information and other business information to develop and provide reports; perform in-depth analysis for various HR and business unit programs and results.
- Ability to effectively use HR technologies that boost HR productivity, automate manual HR processes, and provide business insights through data analytics.
- Meet with employees, supervisors, and business leaders to address concerns, and mediate differences between employees and managers.
- Collect and compile HR metrics and data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS) and payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitors’ practices, and other sources.
- Partner with HR Shared Services and HR COEs on implementation of HR initiatives/services
- Lead talent processes including Talent Calibrations, Skill Gap Analyses, Succession Planning, and Development Planning
- Collaborate with internal client group to enhance organizational capability by delivering focused and targeted L&D initiatives.
- Solution-focused problem solver that is comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives
- Ability to be comfortable to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves.”
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple human resource functions including coaching and development, talent management, implementing, and improving HR processes, organizational learning & development.
- Proactively and professionally share thoughts and facts (verbal and written); offer and receive constructive feedback; listen to understand
- Ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Exert influence and build confidence in and commitment to an idea, plan, or activity; breakdown barriers, establish shared goals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field or equivalent experience required.
- PHR certification; SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources required
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; exposure to databases desired
- Experience with Workday, Kronos, and Microsoft’s Power Platform is highly preferred
About the Company:
Based in New York Mills, MN - Lund Boats has been manufacturing high quality aluminum and fiberglass fishing boats since 1948.Lund Boats are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing boat on the market. Whether you're a part-time weekend angler or a serious tournament pro or guide, Lund prides itself on delivering the Ultimate Fishing Experience!
Crestliner celebrates 74 years in business and traces its origins to the Aluminum Boat Company that came to life within the walls of an airplane hanger back in 1946. Several transitions later, the company became known as Crestliner, and in 1991 the rivet-free UniWeld welded hull was a true revolution in aluminum boats. Crestliner continues to lead in innovations and setting new standards. Learn more about Crestliner and its line of boats by visiting www.Crestliner.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status recognized under applicable law.