Coca-Cola is the world’s largest beverage distribution company and has been refreshing the world for over 125 years. Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country is a family-owned independent Bottler where we view you as the heart and soul of our company and strive to improve the quality of life in each community that we serve.
We care for our employees and want you to enjoy life. Aside from fostering an environment for growth and development within the company, and as a benefit, Coca-Cola High Country offers Personal Time Off accural and 401k eligibility with a company match to our Part-Time Employees.
Are you ready to Refresh Your Career?
As a part of the Sales Team, the Sales Merchandiser is responsible for merchandising of products on designated routes in a continuous effort to provide superior customer service and maintain strong customer relationships. The Sales Merchandiser maintains product availability and stocks and merchandises products at all designated accounts, including ensuring that all beverage sections, racks, displays and vendors are completely filled according to Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fill, merchandise and rotate product on displays and shelves according to CCBCHC standards.
- Maintain and organize CCBCHC stock as needed.
- Ensure neat appearance of all CCBCHC equipment and product in assigned accounts.
- Maintain clean and organized back-room and manage trade breakage.
- Maintain CCBCHC quality assurance standards at every account.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Transport, replace and maintain Point of Sale advertising as appropriate for account.
- Foster relationship with account personnel and provide superior customer service to all accounts serviced.
- Perform required vehicle checks.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- On-time follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-3 years of general work experience preferred
- Prior grocery store and/or consumer products experience a plus
- Customer service experience preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate a two or four wheeled hand-truck.
- Ability to operate all types of industrial power trucks.
- Valid driver’s license and a motor vehicle driving history that meets CCBCHC guidelines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal.
- Must be able to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
EOE STATEMENT We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status or uniformed service member status.