Route Sales Trainee
Coca-Cola is the world’s largest beverage distribution company and has been refreshing the world for over 125 years. Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country is a family-owned independent Bottler where we view you as the heart and soul of our company and strive to improve the quality of life in each community that we serve.
We care for our employees and want you to enjoy life. Aside from fostering an environment for growth and development within the company, and as a benefit, Coca-Cola High Country offers Personal Time Off accural and 401k eligibility with a company match to our Part-Time Employees.
Are you ready to Refresh Your Career?
As a part of the Sales Team, the Route Sales Driver Trainee is responsible for learning techniques of developing sales, distribution and merchandising of products on various routes in a continuous effort to provide superior customer service and maximize sales & volume growth through developing and maintaining strong customer relationships. The Route Sales Driver Trainee also learns the elements of maintaining product availability and merchandising products at all designated accounts, including ensuring that all beverage sections, racks, displays and vendors are completely filled according to Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and become proficient at running the hand-held device and generating accurate invoices.
- Learn all routes and becomes efficient at sale and delivery of products on any route in a timely manner.
- Fill, merchandise and rotate product on displays and in cold drink equipment according to CCBCHC standards.
- Transport, replace and maintain Point of Sale advertising as appropriate for accounts.
- Develop sales skills in an effort to grow volume in assigned accounts through product distribution, display, and promotional activity.
- Learn processes that ensure proper accounting of product, cash and assets for route activity.
- Learn and become proficient at accurately and efficiently invoicing and collecting monies due.
- Foster relationships with account personnel and provide superior customer service to all accounts through daily communication, problem resolution and appropriate follow up.
- Ensure neat appearance of all CCBCHC equipment and product in assigned accounts.
- Maintain clean and organized back-room and manage trade breakage in assigned accounts.
- Learn the process of and become proficient at performing required vehicle checks and load checks according to CCBCHC standard practices.
- Maintain CCBCHC quality assurance standards at every account.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- On time follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-3 years of general work experience preferred
- Prior grocery store and/or consumer products experience a plus
- Customer service experience preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate a two or four wheeled hand-truck.
- Ability to operate all types of industrial power trucks.
- Ability to obtain a Class A CDL and ability to learn to operate a Class A CDL tractor and trailer, understand and remain in compliance with all CDL requirements and have a motor vehicle driving history that meets CCBCHC guidelines.
- Ability to pass and maintain DOT physical requirements.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal.
- Must be able to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
EOE STATEMENT We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status or uniformed service member status.