Route Sales Driver
Competitive Base Salary + Commissions. Incentive Opportunities and Seniority Base Increases.
Coca-Cola is the world's largest beverage distribution company and has been refreshing the world for over 125 years. Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country is a family-owned independent Bottler where we view you as the heart and soul of our company and strive to improve the quality of life in each community we serve.
We care for our employees and want you to enjoy life. As a benefit, Coca-Cola High Country offers 100% coverage options for health, dental and basic life insurance plans.
Aside from fostering an environment for growth and development with Coca-Cola High Country, we want to help you prepare for the future. In addition to our other benefits, we offer a strong 401k plan with a company match along with other supplemental benefits to help secure you and your family's future. Are you ready to Refresh Your Career?
As a part of the Sales Team, the Route Sales Driver is responsible for sale and distribution of products on designated routes in a continuous effort to provide superior customer service and maximize sales & volume growth through developing and maintaining strong customer relationships. The Route Sales Driver also ensures product availability at accounts, including ensuring that all beverage sections, racks, displays and vendors are completely filled according to Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow volume in assigned accounts through product sales, distribution, display and promotional activity.
- Sale and delivery of products to assigned accounts on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all accounts are merchandised/stocked according to CCBCHC standards.
- Transport, replace and maintain Point of Sale advertising as appropriate for accounts.
- Ensure proper accounting of product, cash and assets daily.
- Accurately and efficiently invoice and collect monies due.
- Foster relationships with account personnel and provide superior customer service to all accounts through daily communication, problem resolution and appropriate follow up.
- Ensure neat appearance of all CCBCHC equipment and product in assigned accounts.
- Maintain clean and organized back-room and manage trade breakage in assigned accounts.
- Perform required vehicle checks and load checks according to CCBCHC standard practices.
- Maintain CCBCHC quality assurance standards at every account.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- On time follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-3 years of general work experience preferred
- 1+ years of commercial driving experience preferred
- Prior grocery store and/or consumer products experience a plus
- Customer service experience preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate a two or four wheeled hand-truck.
- Ability to operate all types of industrial power trucks.
- Must have an active Class A CDL, have the ability to operate a Class A CDL tractor and trailer, understand and remain in compliance with all CDL requirements and have a motor vehicle driving history that meets CCBCHC guidelines.
- Ability to pass and maintain DOT physical requirements.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal.
- Must be able to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
EOE STATEMENT We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status or uniformed service member status.