• Primary function is to provide welding expertise to assist and support maintenance activities.
• Performs fabrication, pipefitting and rigging.
• Communicates with others to enable them to set appropriate priorities.
• Responsible for setting an effective pace and for minimizing interruptions in the process operation.
• Participates in safety programs and safety training. Must understand and be totally committed to and compliant with all Company Safety and Sanitation policies.
• Uses a basic knowledge of all process equipment in performing job duties.
• Works without direct supervision in an effective and safe manner.
• Uses the SAP maintenance management system in the accomplishment of job duties.
• Works overtime as required.
• A High School Diploma or GED certificate is required.
• Must successfully pass a Basic Mechanical Aptitude test.
• Must possess a current ASME, Section 9 Welding Certification, (6G Pipe).
• Must understand and demonstrate a safe working knowledge of all applicable welding and cutting equipment and procedures.
• Must be able to reason through problems involving set up and routine maintenance of complex processing equipment.
• Must be able to exercise judgment and planning in selecting and using materials, tools, and equipment in construction, erection, or maintenance.
• Must be able to perform a given job including but not limited to: use tools or instruments, perform pipe layout, pipe fitting, rigging, scaffolding, and welding.
• Must be able to work and communicate effectively with others including: maintenance personnel, end foremen, station people, management, vendors, and technical representatives.
• Must furnish own hand tools as required to perform the duties of "Certified Welder". Must demonstrate proper/safe use of tools and instruments and be able to identify by proper name.
• Must be able work safely under all weather conditions, locations, and at different elevations in the factory, yards, and sugar bins.
• Must be physically capable of using all required safety equipment to perform assigned tasks. Must be physically capable of performing all maintenance tasks.
• Must be able to read and understand written information, manuals, schematics, blueprints, diagrams etc. Must have basic math skills.
• Must be able to reference, read and understand how to use MSDS information.
• Working knowledge of OSHA standards is required.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a forklift and manlift certification.