Lead Bank Teller / Customer Service Representative
Lead Teller/Backup Customer Service Representative - Full-time
At Merchants Bank, your job isn't just another bank position - it's being part of a dedicated team. Looking for a rewarding career with competitive benefits, an emphasis on giving back to the community, and growth opportunities? Join us!
Merchants Bank, Cottage Grove, is seeking a Lead Teller/Backup Customer Service Representative. We are looking for a proven leader who is comfortable leading a team to proactively develop and maintain customer relationships. The ideal candidate would have leadership and Teller experience.
Job duties include completing banking transactions, relationship building with customers, and supervising Teller staff. This position will also be back-up to opening new accounts. Must be able to work under pressure and have good judgment.
Please apply in person at Merchants Bank, Cottage Grove (8479 East Point Douglas Rd S), online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail by clicking Apply with a cover letter and resume or to request an application.
Merchants Bank is committed to providing each employee with a responsible position, training and supervision. This commitment is maintained with the expectation that each employee perform their duties and responsibilities in an excellent manner.
This position serves as an onsite team leader for all Teller functions, to ensure quality customer service, relationship building efforts, and processes are meeting standards on a daily basis. Knowledge of teller duties, procedures, and bank products is critical. Close interaction with the other Lead Tellers is critical to coordinate efforts and ensure a smooth operation. Serves as a role model and monitors Tellers’ relationship building behaviors. Assists in monitoring relationship building activities. This position will be a working teller also.
Position requires a general knowledge of Bank operations and various departmental policies. Must exercise independent judgment in a variety of situations. Position also requires organizational ability, initiative, and the ability to lead others. Responsible for helping to ensure relationship building goals are met. Monitors customer service standards to ensure excellent service is being provided. Monitors teller offages and sends to the appropriate personnel for approval of any offage over $25.
The successful teller is one who excels in many areas. Detailed aspects of each area are as follows:
Customer Service (Internal and External):
Tellers play a vital role in providing service. For many customers, tellers are their primary contact with the bank. Customer Service is measured by the degree to which the teller provides excellent service to customers and maintains constructive relationships with co-workers to ensure a more positive working atmosphere.
Adheres to Bank customer service standards described in Service Plus and Welcome Home as follows:
- Acknowledges customers’ presence promptly with a “come on in” feeling, using a desk connector to help facilitate conversations, is aware of their surroundings and engaged in what is occurring.
- Sets aside their other work when customers approach
- Exchanges a greeting, smiles, and calls the customer by his/her name at least two or more times during the interaction
- Listens carefully to the customers’ requests, makes eye contact, clarifies facts and summarizes needs
- Demonstrates enthusiasm in handling customers’ transactions
- Explains banking procedures to customers in understandable terms avoiding Bank jargon
- Assists customers in the completion of bank forms, tickets, etc.
- Politely refers customers to a Customer Service Representative when necessary
- Thanks the customer by name for their business and offers further assistance
- Anticipates customer traffic and plans accordingly to ensure customers are served promptly and efficiently
- Seeks assistance and guidance from co-workers in a timely and polite manner to avoid abrupt interruptions
- Refrains from conversations on the phone or with other employees when serving customers
- Cooperates with others and is effective in establishing working relationships
- Makes suggestions/referrals to enhance customer relationships as well as to help assist customers to take full advantage of our banking services and products
- Lead Tellers are expected to make 18 referrals per year resulting in sales
- Asks test benefit questions and clarifying questions to place the customer in the appropriate product or service. Is able to summarize with the benefits and features of the product or service
- Creates relationship building activities and contests to increase product sales to existing customers.
- Assures product knowledge of all tellers in facility is at high level, thus encouraging them to identify customers who would benefit from bank products and ultimately introduce these products to them.
- Offers hospitality to waiting customers
- Creates “service plus” activities to maintain enthusiasm for outstanding service.
- Knowledge and ability to effectively provide work direction and/or supervision
- Ability to independently respond to questions and resolve problems encountered from all levels of Tellers
- Responsible for initial orientation and training of new Tellers to the Branch.
- Ability to effectively prioritize conflicting demands
- Ability to effectively establish scheduling to accommodate staffing level needs and understanding staffing models
- Ability to effectively resolve issues between tellers and other bank departments
- Independently resolves complex problems and issues using sound judgment
- Responsible for monitoring and enforcing drawer levels
- Identifies and resolves Teller balancing issues
- Provides coaching and mentoring to all Tellers in the Branch
- Responds to basic HR related issues and conducts performance reviews for assigned staff
- Provides input to hiring and salary review processes
- Assist with compliance, branch, and security audits
- May act as Branch Security Officer
- May serve as a Service Plus and/or Sales Plus coach
- Regularly attends and contributes to the Lead Teller consistency meetings
Customer Service Representative back-up duties:
- Must be able to assess the needs of the customer and determine how to best meet the customer needs when opening new checking, savings, CDs, and related account maintenance
- Accept and process check orders for all checking accounts.
- Maintenance and closed account procedures for all types of deposit accounts.
Apply for Lead Bank Teller / Customer Service Representative
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly