Manager - Wilkerson Commons
Hiring Department: Dining Services-Wilkerson Commons Dining Center
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Status: $18.15/hour, Full-time, Benefited, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage, basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Normal schedule will be Sunday-Thurs 3:30pm-midnight with Summer/Breaks 11am-7:30pm
To be considered for this position, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
Position Details: Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
- Supervises the staff on the assigned dining operation daily
- Insures that the staff uses proper procedures and takes necessary safety measures around equipment
- Trains the staff on proper customer service procedures/standards
- Monitors food production and food service areas to ensure the highest food quality measures are being met
- Provides direction to cooks to ensure recipes are being followed and batch cooking standards are being met
- Insures that staff is in uniform and in their designed areas
- Does job performance reviews with assigned staff
- Performs staff management functions relating to discipline
- Maintains high sanitation practices and policies
- Utilizes various business practices in all areas to maintain customer interest
- Exercises strong leadership practices
- Establishes/maintains good working relationships with associates
- Maintains/promotes image standards in customer areas
- Establishes/maintains rapport with guests
- Is present in the service/kitchen areas to answer questions and handle concerns
- Maintains organized and secured facilities
- Calls in work orders
- Removes unsafe equipment
- Maintains/promotes image standards in customer areas
- Follows up to insure that all dining services standards are being met or exceeded
- Insures daily side work checklists are completed by staff
- Rotates between locations as assigned
- Works flexible and variable schedule as needed.
- Able to Recite the Credo
- Works with and Mentors the student management program
- Coordinates student recruitment and training programs
- Coordinates Student Schedules for Residential dining with Assistant Director.
- Implements appropriate training programs for all student employees
- Supervises student employees
- Works with Assistant Director, Unit Manager, and Training Manager to enhance the student program
- Mentors staff daily on service, production, cleanliness and quality standards
- Insures that adequate staff is scheduled in each area to meet service requirement but still maintain labor cost goals
- Maintains controllable expenses to meet or exceed established goals
- Reviews pre-cost reports and product cost information
- Reviews monthly revenue statements
- Analyzes forecasting/pre-cost to insure integrity
- Takes necessary steps to insure continued revenue growth opportunities
- Develops sales growth and marketing plans
- Insures that staff follows recipes, portion sizes, holding and serving temperatures, and other quality service guidelines
- Completes Food Pro Management duties within established time lines
- Oversees procurement of food and supplies for assigned areas
- Works production areas as needed
- Works with the preparation and disposal of fish, poultry, beef, lamb, pork and other meat products
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation policies which include removal of all jewelry and piercings (a plain wedding band is permissible) and wearing hair and beard restraints
- Reads periodicals, magazines, flyers, and promotional materials to gain knowledge of new recipes as well as industry trends.
- Attends unit and departmental meetings
- Ensures Staff are following UND and State Safety, Sanitation, and HACCP Policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to lead, mentor, motivate and direct staff
- Demonstrate ability to uphold company standards
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to follow through and hold staff accountable.
- Demonstrate ability to manage and communicate change.
- Must be able to move 45-50 pounds and stand 3 to 4 hours at a time
- Ability to read and comprehend reports and basic math skills to complete reports.
- Excellent customer service, planning, prioritizing, problem solving and leadership skill
- Two year degree in an HRI Management/Culinary Art program or three years direct Management experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with computers and software programs
- Two years proven supervisory experience with all age groups
- Valid Driver's License
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Three years of progressive experience in large volume food production
- Knowledgeable with the materials, equipment and food used in the business
- NRA Serv Safe Certification
- Micros POS system experience
- Experience with residential dining in production
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check outwww.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and AAO for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214, NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202