Medical Laboratory Scientist/ Medical Laboratory Technician FLEX
Hiring Department: Student Health Services
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $25/hour, flexible schedule
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The MLS/MLT works closely with other laboratory staff and care givers as a team member, adheres to professional standards, works efficiently and productively, assists other laboratory staff with tasks as needed and supports the department’s and organization’s mission, values and goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and document quality control, quality assessment, and instrumentation and test procedures.
- Maintain technical direction and quality and timely testing for a “moderately complex” laboratory, so as to facilitate the evaluation of the patient.
- Perform specimen collection and processing.
- Keep current with all safety regulations and implement safety procedures.
- Keep current with continuing education.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist/ASCP or Medical Laboratory Scientist/NCA or Medical Laboratory Technician/ASCP
- Licensed by the North Dakota Board of Medical Laboratory Practice as a Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Laboratory Technician or eligible to obtain
- CPR certified, or obtains certification within 30 days of employment
- General computer experience
- Successful completion of Criminal History Records Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Experience with electronic health records (EHR) and laboratory interface systems (LIS)
- Phlebotomy experience
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214, NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.