OUR CULTURE. YOUR CAREER.
Houston Engineering Inc. (HEI), is a full-service civil engineering, surveying, environmental and technology solutions consulting firm with multiple locations throughout the Midwest. Having been in business since 1968, we have provided outstanding client service and effectively managed our business strategy resulting in sustained growth. Our commitment continues to be meeting our client needs and providing an engaging atmosphere for our employees. The challenge and opportunity you seek can be found at Houston Engineering!
We are currently seeking an Accounting Specialist to join our team:
- Work closely with Project Managers to prepare client invoices
- Assist Project Managers with project reports and data to monitor project costs
- Process and enter Vendor invoices
- Process vendor payments
- Support Project Managers with monitoring A/R and collection efforts
- Assist with miscellaneous month end reports
- Research and respond to client and/or vendor questions in a timely manner
- Assist with processing biweekly payroll with payroll vendor.
- Support accounting team with other special projects as assigned
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in accounting (or related).
- Five or more years of accounting experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Able to plan and prioritize work efficiently.
- Able to work in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Deltek Vision preferred.
- Experience with previous payroll processing desired.
- Experience with asset tracking/depreciation a plus
- Experience administering Professional Insurance policies a plus
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) rules a plus
Benefits of Joining HEI
As part of our talented staff, you will enjoy competitive pay, annual bonuses, paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays, a generous 401(k) and profit sharing plan with potential company contributions totaling up to 15% of annual salary.
Additionally, view our careers page to read about HEI being selected as one of the ENR top 500 design firms and as one of the PB 50 best places to work for several years in a row!
Click "apply" to apply online
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability