Agriculture Internship (2021 Summer)
American Crystal Sugar Company is excited to offer an Agriculture Internship! We are looking for three students that have completed their sophomore year of college and pursing a degree in an agriculture field. During the internship, the intern will obtain an understanding of many aspects involved with sugar beet production. The following highlights a few of the opportunities offered to an American Crystal Sugar Ag Intern.
- Receive agronomic training from American Crystal Sugar Company Agriculturists
- Work with Ag Operations Manager to gain knowledge on harvest, storage and reloading procedures
- Learn seedbed preparation methods
- Assist with planting and seed issues in the field
- Take stand counts and evaluate when it is necessary to replant a crop
- Assist in the field measuring process
- Understand glyphosate resistant weed management
- Learn how to scout for, identify and determine control options for various disease and insect problems
- Assist with sample collection and yield estimations
- Summer business hours are typically Monday through Friday, 7:00am t0 3:30pm. Some flexibility will be allowed with advanced notice
- Average 40 hours per week.
- Holiday pay is earned based on the average hours worked per week.
This Internship is to be offered to individuals who have completed their sophomore year of schooling.