Senior IT Security Engineer - SOC | IT Security | Sioux Falls
Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States. We're proud to offer many development and advancement opportunities to our nearly 50,000 members of the Sanford Family who are dedicated to the work of health and healing across our broad footprint.
See yourself at Sanford!
Facility: Stevens Center Building
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Senior IT Security Engineer - SOC is responsible for technical and operational delivery of security operations with a focus on implementing and operating SOC processes including monitoring and alerting, vulnerability management, and incident management. This is a hands-on technical role where you will develop mitigation plans for vulnerabilities, implement monitoring for critical applications and infrastructure, and lead incident response activities.
The senior engineer will actively lead initiatives and work closely with members of the SOC team, as well as other teams, to ensure timely and accurate completion of projects and proactive monitoring of the Sanford environment.
The senior engineer must possess excellent communication skills and be able to provide mentorship and technical subject matter expertise to other junior members of the team. The senior engineer must also be self-motivated and perform functions with minimal oversight. Responsibilities:
Implement methods and technologies for monitoring against malicious cyber threats impacting critical resources and infrastructure.
Utilize industry best practices for monitoring the Sanford environment using numerous technologies, methods, and data sources including, but not limited to SIEM, email security, web and content filtering, firewall, IPS/IDS systems, anti-virus / endpoint security, authentication, and DLP.
Establish and refine repeatable procedures with documented runbooks allowing the team to investigate alerts efficiently and accurately.
Evaluate and implement methods to increase efficiency (such as script automation or process improvement recommendations).
Ensure that relevant logs are being captured and that they are accurate and usable.
Maintain in-depth understanding and awareness of the current threat landscape and recommend mitigations against threats. Assist in threat modeling exercises.
Be the technical escalation point during security incidents, establishing the extent of an attack, the business impacts, and advising on how best to contain and recover from an incident.
Partner closely with the Security Engineering Team to ensure a cohesive strategy and execution of security controls.
Develop strong working relationships and trust with other teams by acting in a consistent, genuine manner.
Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members and assist with ensuring work is properly prioritized.
- Security background and hands on experience in the following areas: monitoring and detection, incident response, threat management, and vulnerability management.
- Hands on experience working with an enterprise SIEM. LogRhythm experience preferred.
- A strong understanding of the business impact of security tools, policies, and practices and how they improve security and impact end users.
- A strong working knowledge of the information security standards and best practices including a working knowledge of industry regulations such as PCI and HIPPA are preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the technology solutions organization, project and application development teams, management, and business personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security or an IT related field preferred. Advanced security training and knowledge is required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in information security or IT.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to email@example.com .
Job Function: Information Technology
Req Number: R-25871