Experienced Structural Engineer
Houston Engineering, Inc. HEI is a full service civil engineering, surveying, environmental and technology solutions consulting firm with multiple locations throughout the Midwest. We pride ourselves on our commitment to meeting our client needs and providing an engaging atmosphere for our employees. The challenge and opportunity you seek can be found at Houston Engineering!
Consider joining our team in the following opportunity as an experienced Structural Engineer:
- Prepare detailed engineering analyses, schedules, technical reports, etc.
- Interface with CAD designers, other engineers and subcontractors.
- Design bridges and miscellaneous structures as needed.
- Ensure construction practices as required for compliance of construction operations with federal, state, and local codes, industry standards, company procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Manage all aspects of contract administration to include; writing, change requests, invoices, and progress payments.
- Maintain the project budget and costs.
- Oversee contract terms, conditions, and exhibits.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- ND Professional Engineer license or the ability to obtain the license within 6 months required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the design and construction of structures.
- Experience operating MicroStationV8 preferred (but not required.)
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of project team roles and responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local codes.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with groups both internally and externally.
Benefits of Joining HEI
As part of our talented staff, you will enjoy competitive pay, annual bonuses, paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays, a generous 401(k) and profit sharing plan with potential company contributions totaling up to 15% of annual salary.
Additionally, view our careers page to read about HEI being selected as one of the ENR top 500 design firms and as one of the PB 50 best places to work for several years in a row!
Click "apply" to apply online
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability