Machining Operator I Days - FT/PT
Machining Operator I
Full & Part Time Positions available
upervisory Responsibilities: None
Purpose: Run production machines to produce quality parts to print to meet customer expectations and requirements.
- Ensure a safe work environment for self and others. Follows all safety rules and regulations. Demonstrate commitment to safety program.
- Review and follow work instruction, management system procedures and standard operating documents.
- Run CNC and manual machines, and hand held tools.
- Inspect parts and identify defects and non-conformities. Notify supervisor/lead of non-conformance parts immediately.
- Adjust machine settings with assistance when necessary.
- Consistently and accurately complete all related paperwork/documentation. For example, inspection reports, part counts, scrap tags, material tags, etc.
- Monitor fluids in machine and coolant flow in machine.
- Utilizes the 5-S principles (sort, set in order, shine, standardize, and sustain) to maintain an orderly, clean and safe work area.
- Regularly meet or exceed efficiency requirements.
- Produce parts that meet the Company’s quality standards.
- Actively participates in CIP events to improve the safety, quality, and efficiencies of our current processes and procedures.
- Support and positively contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work at a consistent and steady pace, be prepared to work each day, and report to assigned work center in a punctual manner.
- Communicates with supervisor and co-workers in a professional manner
- Ensure work center is prepared for the next operator. This includes cleanliness, organization, supporting documentation.
- Promote a positive atmosphere. Actively support activities that promote the welfare and morale of TEAM employees.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- Manufacturing experience desired but not required
- Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic Math skills, must have a working knowledge of decimals
- Ability to read measuring instruments
- Ability to read and follow work instructions
- Must be detail oriented, with the ability to recognize defects and non-conformities
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Regular attendance
- OJT for Machining Operator I
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 33 lbs., rarely lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand up to 100% of shift
- Ability to do repetitive movements (i.e. bending, twisting, walking)
- Able to continuously operate at a minimum of 3 hours
- See Functional Job Description for complete demands
SummaryMachining Operator I - Day Shift
Monday - Thursday 6:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
Overtime may be required per business needs