Material Handler - Night Shift
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Purpose: Deliver product and packaging to/from production departments. Ensure accurate information is entered into computer regarding product locations and counts.
- Ensure a safe work environment for self and others. Follows all safety rules and regulations. Demonstrates commitment to behavior based safety programs
- Deliver and remove packaging and product to/from work centers and product storage areas
- Add and delete product from bin-loc system
- Verify box quantities
- Properly dispose of used cardboard
- Prepare pallets for disposal
- Maintain good customer relations with internal and external customers
- Remove and empty scrap carts
- Proactively monitor work centers and sequence boards to avoid delay in production
- Maintain a clean, safe work area
- Respond to production’s needs in a timely manner
- Demonstrate commitment to the TEAM Industries Quality Management system and Objectives
- Promote a positive atmosphere. Actively support activities that promote the welfare and morale of TEAM employees.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 3 months warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to use computer equipment for standard processes involving material movements
- Ability to use shrink wrap machine, scales, hand tools, etc. for weighing and packaging parts for shipment
- Ability to follow work instructions
- Must be detail oriented
- Must acquire a forklift certification from the TEAM Industries facility in which you operate a forklift.
- Regular attendance
- OJT for Material Handler
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, rarely lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to stand up to 100% of shift
- Ability to sit while operating forklift up to 100% of shift
- Ability to do repetitive movements (i.e. bending, twisting, walking, climbing stairs)
- Additional Information
- Work Schedule: Monday - Thursday 6:00 pm- 4:30 am
- Posting Status: Not Filled
- Overtime: Overtime may be required per business needs