Duties & Responsibilities
- Mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, and renewing floor finishes.
- Washing windows, blinds, mirrors, walls, doors and woodwork.
- Cleaning and dusting furniture, exhibit cases, fixtures, appliances, and related furnishings.
- Cleaning and disinfecting rest room in public and/or residential areas.
- Maintaining a continuous supply of paper in all dispensers.
- Collecting and picking up waste and recyclable materials, both inside and outside of buildings.
- May perform power washing, leaf removal, moving snow and may be required to operate a snow blower.
- Performs minor repairs to equipment.
- Responsible for reporting minor and major maintenance and equipment issues to appropriate personnel.
- Removal of snow from sidewalks, cleaning gutters, drains spouts, and grounds outside.
- Moving and setting up furniture and equipment for events or departments.
- Locking and unlocking doors main building doors as required.
- Possible State Fleet vehicle use.
- Responsible for entering labor hours in our computerized program, FAMIS.
- Will submit supply requests and work orders.
- Responsible for submitting timely leave requests to management.
- Responsible for checking and reading University email account on a regular basis.
- Must follow University policies and procedures.
- Responsible for University keys.
- May be required to use a University issued cell phone.
- May be responsible in assisting supervising students.
- Sort, fold, wrap laundry and label packages.
- Weigh and load machines.
- Monitor machine operation for mechanical problems.
- Run laundry route and operate laundry truck.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English well enough to perform the functions of the position; including reading and communicating in regards to work orders, safety instructions and chemical labels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Successful completion of criminal history background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identify and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Familiarity with UND Campus and Buildings
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with FAMIS.
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
$25,000/year, Full Time, Benefited, Non-Exempt
Varied schedule. All facilities positions are subject to call-backs 24/7.
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.