Holland LP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, citizen status, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local employment laws or regulations in every location in which the company has facilities.
Responsible for scheduled maintenance and break down repairs of all equipment employed in the operation of material handling, including trucks, trailers, wheel loaders, skid steer loaders, backhoes, track mobile, dozers, motor graders, unload conveyors, stacking conveyors, coal conditioners and pickups.
- Providing troubleshooting and technical assistance to operating personnel on all tool and equipment issues.
- Track & perform all scheduled maintenance for all equipment used in the unloading of rail cars.
- Keep all equipment operating properly, making repairs as needed.
- Perform annual equipment inspections and document for DOT requirements.
- Keep shop area clean and free from hazards and practice all shop safety procedures.
- All other duties as assigned
- Standing, walking, bending, and stretching are required to perform equipment maintenance operations.
- Manual dexterity to handle tools, hammers, and the ability to move 25 pounds are required to perform vehicle and equipment maintenance operations.
- Vision must be sufficient for driving, and inspection and repair of trucks, and all other equipment required for material handling.
- Working in shop standing on concrete, and climbing over equipment.
- Exposure on a occasional basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to coal dust from coal unloading operations, gasoline and fuel vapor while servicing trucks and equipment.
- Exposure to silica dust from unloading limestone.
- Contact with solvents and sealants necessary for equipment repair.
- High School Diploma or GED; some technical schooling preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in heavy truck and equipment repairs.
- Must have own hand tools, specialty tools will be provided.
- Positive attitude & strong work ethic
- Demonstrated math, reading, and writing skills to read service manuals, order parts, update and maintain vehicle service records on site.
- Satisfactory completion of a company-training program for equipment operators & laborers.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License and abide by our Corporate Fleet Policy; CDL preferred
- Ability to successfully complete all pre-employment testing required by Holland, L.P.