Responsible for the operational readiness, maintenance, installation, and testing of all broadcast equipment. Also responsible for the installation and maintenance of station IT network and office computers.
The position requires a thorough understanding of Master Control and technical production processes, workflow, signal flow, and the operational proficiency with all job related equipment and software.
* Install, operate, and maintain all broadcast equipment, including but not limited to: Studio and field digital video cameras, video servers, routing and switching systems, automation systems, satellite earth-station controllers and receivers, UHF NTSC/ATSC transmitters, microwave radio links, and camera video control panels, and programming.
* Perform as a production, operations, maintenance, or transmitter engineer as needed.
* Troubleshoot, perform software and hardware maintenance and install all production and broadcast related equipment.
* Maintain quality control of recorded materials and take responsibility to discern the issue to correct it.
* Monitor and log transmitter status.
* Perform all broadcast related job functions required by the FCC and maintain broadcast signals within FCC guidelines.
* Responsible for FCC license renewal, maintenance, and integrity.
* Provide set up and operation of video and audio for live remote broadcasts.
* Set up recording equipment, both audio and video, for production and broadcast (e.g. shading cameras, configuring microphones, timing devices for seamless switching…)
* Respond to viewers phone calls and e-mails regarding reception problems and other technical concerns.
* Attend training sessions relevant to the job function at the station.
* Implement technical infrastructure and provide systems integration for present needs and provide on-going research and vision for future needs
* Install and maintain office computers and networking equipment. Provide upgrades and repairs as needed.
* Manage and maintain station IT network and server platforms and manage data recovery procedures and operations as needed.
* Maintain the integrity of the station’s digital facilities and contents, including e-mail services, firewall(s), and FTP server(s).
* Exhibit a strong commitment to the mission and goals of public broadcasting.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
* Undergraduate degree in engineering or related field required.
* Minimum two years Master Control operations and maintenance and broadcast experience, or five years related experience. Transmitter operation and IT administration experience preferred.
* Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs, and have the ability to perform physical functions as required.
* Must have the ability and flexibility to travel to ancillary studio and other locations as required.
* Must be willing to work a varied, flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
* Must possess a strong commitment to providing excellence in a finished product.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – verbal and written.
* Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and timelines as required. Must be detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while shifting priorities as required.
* Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and also to work successfully in a team environment.
* Must be able to handle stress in an appropriate manner, and be able to manage projects in a manner that is both collegial and productive.
* Strong PC and MAC computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, …), Windows XP/Vista/7, Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, and related software.
* Willingness to learn new specialized software tailored to specific broadcast applications (e.g. Logo insertion, intercom routing, video routing, etc.)
* Strong knowledge of Digital Video codecs and intricacies therein.
If interested, click "apply" to email resume, salary requirement and two professional references:
Or by U.S. Mail:
KSMQ Public Television
2000 8th Ave. NW
Austin, MN 55912
NO PHONE CALLS