The Corporate Public Relations Strategist Contractor is an integrated strategic thinker who develops and manages external communication programs, initiatives, and campaigns that support the client's marketing and communications priorities and business outcomes. In this role, (s)he will focus on developing and executing external communication strategies and tactics to elevate the reputation of the company. Assisting in the development and implementation of strategic communication plan and strategies to drive business outcomes in support of business partners and communication priorities. The focus areas would include executing communication strategies and tactics elevating the reputation of key field offices and financial advisors in regional markets and nationwide, multicultural media relations focused on the women's market, and general company news announcements. Strong emphasis on writing key messages, supporting documents (news releases, FAQs, talking points, copy concepts, etc.), news articles, collateral, etc. Work with agency partners and key business partners nationwide as needed. Assist PR team members on various initiatives, including national outreach, regional outreach, thought leadership and executive visibility, diversity/ target market outreach, merchandising, and special projects. Provide media line assistance that support advisors nationwide. This includes: assist financial representatives with media opportunities and/or corporate opportunities when appropriate. Ability to skillfully manage complex programs, matrixed strategies, and significant workload.
Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, listening, influencing) are a must, with the ability to influence without authority, manage through ambiguity and build relationships; solid decision-making and problem-solving skills is critical. (S)he should have strong digital savvy and work in close collaboration with marketing and communications teammates to deliver content across audiences.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
* At least six years of dynamic experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing, training or related communication field. Additional experience would qualify you for a senior strategist level and would entail at least eight years to ten years of dynamic experience in the profession.
* Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, public relations, marketing or social sciences.
* Emphasis on specialized knowledge of public relations, media relations, and issues management.
* Proactive professional who has ability to build rapport with business partners and colleagues, provide counsel, and develop productive working relationships at all levels
* Versatility to learn about and work with a variety of business areas and topics
* Demonstrate exceptional presentation, writing, and analytical skills, including experience writing strategic plans and detailed message materials (press materials, talking points, etc.)
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
* You have the ability to listen to, engage, and influence business partners throughout the company; synthesize and relate complex information; analyze problems and opportunities; and develop and drive external communication strategies and tactics.