Assistant Packaging & Warehouse Supervisor - Drayton, ND
Join our Packaging and Warehouse Team Today!
Earn 70k + a year!
- Ensures compliance to requirements specified in programs for operation and food safety, operating procedures, administrative policies, and GMP's and adheres to product specifications defined by the Quality Assurance Program.
- Facilitates audits.
- Ensures implementation of the maintenance program to safeguard equipment reliability and troubleshoots maintenance as needed.
- Develops and approves Job Safety Hazard Analysis. Conducts accident investigations and prepares and recommends corrective actions. Investigates First Aid Cases and maintains the case database.
- Reviews and approves employee time while monitoring overtime pay and attendance issues. Schedules staffing. Resolves personnel issues.
- Coordinates all packaging line and bulk storage and loading equipment maintenance activities.
- Supervises the quality, storage, and curing of production sugars in storage bins and determines source for bulk loading and packaging.
- Monitors work practices and equipment operation for inefficiencies, downtime, and maintenance issues and initiates appropriate remedial measures to minimize product rejects.
- Monitors inventory of production materials.
- Monitor QA/QC parameters ensuring compliance with Company standards and verify completion of supporting documentation.
- Reviews and approves all product related Quality documentation involving inspections, control charts, cleaning/sanitation, and HACCP.
- Coordinates and monitors scrolling stock equipment ensuring proper asset operation and maintenance in addition to movement of external OTR equipment.
- Researches conditions and events involving Deviation/Incident Reports, reportable incidents, SQF findings and customer complaints and prepares technical reports and presentations.
- This position requires knowledge in a technical field such as engineering, electronic controls, or maintenance normally gained through the completion of a four year bachelor's degree.
- Prior related supervisory experience and a background in high speed packaging line operations and bulk storage and packaging are desirable.
- A thorough understanding of the safety issues and safe operation of all equipment and facilities is required.
- Well developed written, presentation, and communication skills are essential.
- The position requires strong leadership and interpersonal skills to motivate, train and enable a diverse work force while instilling a culture of accountability.
- An understanding and ability to effectively apply food safety, quality assurance and safety regulations is essential.
- Mechanical aptitude and technical abilities are required.
- Enterprise computer systems abilities such as SAP, Microsoft Office Suite software including Project (or comparable) are also required.
- The incumbent must possess a valid drivers' license.
An EqualOpportunity Employer