Pathologists' Assistant | Pathology
Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States. We're proud to offer many development and advancement opportunities to our nearly 50,000 members of the Sanford Family who are dedicated to the work of health and healing across our broad footprint.
See yourself at Sanford!
Facility: Broadway Clinic
Location: Fargo, ND
Shift: 8 Hours - Day Shifts
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 40.00
Performs gross description and dissection of human tissue surgical specimens. Must utilize critical and independent judgment in decision-making and problem-solving. Works under the direction and supervision of a Pathologist.
Department consists of 12 Pathologists with subspecialties in Hematopathology, Cytopathology, Dermatopathology and expertis in the fields of Breast, GI, GYN, Genitourinary pathology. Department has 4 Pathologists' Assistants, a Grossing Tech, and 8 Pathology Technicians, and cover approximately 55,000 cases per year. Gross dissections are performed by Pathology Assistants'. No autopsies or on call.
Fargo is a safe, clean community with low crime, strong public and private schools, an international airport, located 45 minutes from the Lakes Country of Minnesota and within 4 hours driving of Minneapolis, MN and Winnipeg, MB.
SANFORD HEALTH SYSTEM
· Largest, rural, not-for-profit health care system in the nation with locations in 126 communities in nine states.
· Sanford Health includes 45 hospitals, 289 clinic locations and 1,400 physicians in 81 specialty areas of medicine.
· Denny Sanford’s gifts of nearly $700 million are making possible the implementation of several initiatives including global children’s clinics, multiple research centers and finding cures for type 1 diabetes and breast cancer.
SANFORD HEALTH FARGO REGION
· Over 840 clinicians
· Licensed Beds: over 660
· Service population: 1 Million
SANFORD FARGO MEDICAL CENTER
· Largest hospital in North Dakota
· Largest employer in Fargo
· Primary teaching institution for the University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences
· Region’s only Level II Pediatric Trauma Center
· Level I Adult Trauma Center
· 2017 - completion of new Fargo Medical Center
Master's Degree in Pathologists' Assistant required.
Applicant should possess an approved Health and Human Services (HHS) agency, for example American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) approved laboratory certification as a Pathologists' Assistant or applicant must be registry eligible. Registry eligible candidates must successfully complete the Board of Registry examination within 12 months of employment.
(Due to changes within the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), employees practicing under the guidance of a licensed Pathologist prior to 2010 are grandfathered.)
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to email@example.com .
Job Function: Allied Health
Req Number: R-30582