Stockers – Full and Part Time Positions
We are hiring for Stockers and Deli Clerks!
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Become a member of UFCW Local 1189- union shop.
- After continuous year of employment become eligible for health and welfare coverage, earn PTO and Holidays
- Flexible scheduling allowing for all shifts.
- Prime time part time and regular part time opportunities. Looking for a second job with minimum hour qualification? We can schedule as low as 12-15 hours per week (would not be benefit eligible).
- Weekly Pay!
- Fun work environment. Outgoing, fun, energetic staff.
- Room for growth within the company.
- Schedules posted two weeks out in advance to allow employees to plan.
- Looking for fun, energetic work environment? - this is the right place!
In the application process, after you click apply, you must scroll down to the complete bottom of page and click on orange submit button. The application is sometimes be easier to complete on tablet or computer, but a phone can be used.
Full Job description:
To stock, rotate, and face product, cut and sort grocery deliveries, build displays as
required for daily sales, help in other areas of store as needed, and to ensure a positive
shopping experience for customers
Nature and Scope:
Primary emphasis in this position is on meeting daily needs in stocking, load cutting,sorting and display building in order to ensure maximum department sales, product availability and provide high level of customer service. The primary challenge is product location and acquiring necessary production speed in cutting, sorting and stocking. This position requires ongoing walking, moderate to heavy lifting, operation of pallet jack, use
of box cutter, and cash register. Position functions and work hours may vary according to needs. Assignments and work direction are provided by the Grocery Manager or person in charge.
Essential Position Functions:
1. Assist customers
− Greet customers
− Answer customer questions and process customer requests
– Answer grocery telephone calls promptly
− Bring customers to location of item, when needed
− Assist with product replacement and price checks
− Assist at checkout and cashier as needed
2. Perform stocking as assigned
− Meet or exceed production requirements
− Complete assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner
− Follow case cutting standards
− Ensure correct placement of stock
− Handle product carefully to avoid damage
− Rotate and face product as required
− Adhere to store and department policies and procedures
– Maintain department conditions ; product availability and placement, display to shelf stocking, facing rotation, cleanliness, safety and signing
3. Perform cutting and sorting of grocery stock loads as assigned
− Meet or exceed production requirements
− Cut cases properly to avoid product damage
− Properly sort stock by aisle, load onto cart or pallet in stable manner and move to proper aisle for stocking
4. Performs display building as assigned
− Prepare location according to instruction and cut, stock and face displayed
− Restock, rotate and face as needed
5. Performs clean up of sales floor and back room as necessary
- Pick up/compact cardboard, stack pallets, clean up spills, store overstock
- Clean shelves and racking as needed
7. Assist with cashiering when needed
− Scan and process customer orders
− Ensure positive customer relations and satisfaction
− Ensure proper handling of tender and coupons
− Follow front end security procedures
− Utilize proper etiquette for telephone and intercom calls
8. Follows all store and department policies and procedures
Functional Requirements: Frequent: Mental – judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction,memorization, reading, writing
9. Performs other duties as assigned or delegated
Frequent: Physical – lifting/carrying to 20 lbs., equipment operation (register,
scanner, check verification machine, coupon machine, intercom,
telephone), turning, reaching, and standing
Mental – judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction,
memorization, reading, writing and math
Occasional: Physical – lifting/carrying 5-60 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 20 force pounds, squatting stooping/bending and walking
Note: *Within each essential functional requirement, “Frequent” represents approximately 15% of the work shift or at least ten repetitions per work shift. “Occasional” represents approximately less than 15% of the work shift or fewer than 10 repetitions per work shift.
*Jerry’s Foods Inc. reserves the right to amend this position description and functions at any time.
CLICK APPLY NOW!