American Crystal Sugar Company is excited to offer an Agriculture Internship! We are looking for three students that have completed their sophomore year of college and pursing a degree in an agriculture field. During the internship, the intern will obtain an understanding of many aspects involved with sugar beet production. The following highlights a few of the opportunities offered to an American Crystal Sugar AgricultureIntern.
- Receive agronomic training from American Crystal Sugar Company Agriculturists
- Work with Ag Operations Manager to gain knowledge on harvest, storage and reloading procedures
- Learn seedbed preparation methods
- Assist with planting and seed issues in the field
- Take stand counts and evaluate when it is necessary to replant a crop
- Assist in the field measuring process
- Understand glyphosate resistant weed management
- Learn how to scout for, identify and determine control options for various disease and insect problems
- Assist with sample collection and yield estimations
- Summer business hours are typically Monday through Friday, 7:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. Some flexibility can be allowed with advance notice.
- Average 40 hours per week during the summer
- Holiday pay is earned based on the average hours worked per week.
This Internship is to be offered to individuals who have completed their sophomore year of schooling.