Lead Cold Food Preparer- Wilkerson Commons Dining Center
$1000 Sign-on Bonus*
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares all salads items and fresh fruit for the meals they are scheduled for plus preps for the next meals
- Prepares all the condiments and salad dressing for the cold table in all service areas
- Sets up and maintains the salad and condiment bars for the meals they are scheduled for
- Follows large quantity recipes and scales recipes up or down as needed
- Prepares food in batches to meet deadlines and to avoid over production
- Follows and completes production sheets and service summaries
- Assists in the preparation and plating of desserts
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Accurately completes temperature logs
- Responsible for the maintaining high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in the production and storage of food
- Stores leftover salads and desserts after meal service according to food safety guidelines
- Oversees proper rotation of all prepped items, also making sure that they are disposed of correctly with Lean Path as necessary
- Oversees product rotation in assigned areas
- Responsible for maintaining high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in the production and storage of food
- Maintains a working knowledge of health and safety rules involved in the work
- Follows UND and State Safety, Sanitation, and HACCP Policies and procedures.
- Work with the preparation and disposal of fish, poultry, beef, lamb, pork, and other meat products
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation policies which includes removal of all jewelry and piercings (plain wedding band is permissible) and wearing hair and beard restraints
- Serves on the serving line
- Does display cooking on the lines and/or salad bar
- Assists with the set up and service of special dinners and other catered events
- Restocks concepts to acceptable levels
- Assigns Full time, part time and student staff to specific positions and responsibilities/training
- Assigns staff on specific tasks with a timeline for completion
- Instructs servers on portion size and proper method of serving
- Creates and sustains a work environment based on ethics, integrity, trust, and accountability
- Serves as a role model to others in terms of setting the tone for acceptable behavior/conduct.
- Creates an inclusive work environment where others can motivate themselves to perform at their highest level.
- Treats others with dignity and respect at all times and fosters a sense of camaraderie and goodwill in dealing with others
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills
- Will stand/walk 3 to 4 hours at a time
- Will move 35-50 pounds
- Is self-motivated. needs little supervision
- Ability to motivate and supervise others
- Work well with college age students
- Optimistic attitude, high degree of integrity, and a strong work ethic
- Will use basic math skills to complete required paperwork
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with using materials and equipment used in the food industry
- Experience with reading, following and comprehending basic recipes and other written material used daily
- Successful completion of Criminal History Background Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identify and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Large quantity food production experience
- One year food service preparation experience
- ServSafe Certified
- One year leadership and supervisory experience
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
$11.65/hour, Full-time, Benefited, Non-Exempt
*$1000 Sign-on Bonus to be paid to new hires only. Bonus to be paid upon successful completion of six-month probationary period.
Normal schedule Monday-Friday 6am-2:30 pm; with rotating weekends
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.