The Restroom/Vacuum Specialist provides assurance of a clean, comfortable, healthy, safe and attractive environment for students, staff, and the general public. In addition, the position ensures a functional working, teaching and learning environment.
- Execute the M State Service Commitment and Service Standards on a daily basis to ensure all stakeholders have a positive service experience.
- Perform Restroom Specialist duties on the main campus, so that the campus is assured consistent results during the fall and spring semesters only, not including summers.
- Stock paper products, Empty trash, refill dispensers/air fresheners, use the powered restroom machine to clean entire restroom daily, change sanitary napkin receptacles daily.
- Provide vacuum specialist duties, so that the campus is presentable to its clientele.
- Maintain all carpeted surfaces; Hallways are to be vacuumed daily with the large area vacuum; Classrooms and office open areas are to be vacuumed daily with the backpack vacuum; Entrance matting is to be vacuumed daily with the upright vacuum; Entrance mats are to be extracted weekly during winter; Detail vacuuming is to be done weekly in accordance to the zone map; Carpet extraction is to be completed as necessary; Carpet spotting, gum removal and trimming of frays are to be tended to as they arise.
- Perform general duties so that the campus is maintained and presentable to the campus and public.
- Conducts grounds maintenance which may include raking, snow and ice removal, lawn care and maintenance of shrubbery and trees. Will include operation of department vehicles such as pick-ups, snow plows, sanding trucks, and state fleet vehicles on campus as well as off campus; Set up room arrangements per request. Requests may include assistance relating to interactive television and satellite transmissions; Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor, lead-worker or administrator.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of the organization as a viable business partner.
- Following a routine established to ensure other duties are completed on as needed basis.
- Knowledge of:
- Different types of flooring/floor covering sufficient to determine proper methods of maintenance and appropriate cleaning methods, materials, agents and equipment.
- Chemical cleaning agents such as ammonia, bleaches, scouring agents and soaps sufficient to appropriately select the agent(s), handle and apply, and dispose of safely.
- Methods, tools, and equipment used in maintenance sufficient to use effectively and operate safely and to make minor repairs.
- Ability to:
- Follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Perform assigned tasks with limited work direction.
- Keep simple records.
- Valid driver's license necessary to drive department vehicles such as pick-ups, snow plows, sanding trucks, and state fleet vehicles on and off campus. Driving record must pass the State of Minnesota Department of Motor Vehicle review.
- Academic Year:
- Monday – Thursday: 4:00 PM – 12:30 AM
- Friday: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
- Summer schedule
- To be determined based on workload and class scheduling
- $15.24 - $21.56 per hour ($31,821 - $45,017 annually) (Plus shift differential, per union contract)
- Go to https://www.mn.gov/careers
- Search for Job Opening ID#41917.
- Click “Apply” at the bottom of the Job Posting page.
- If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
- October 26, 2020 – 11:59 PM