Human Resources Site Leader
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Supports Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) and leadership to successfully implement local initiatives, and execute regional and corporate programs. Help to create an environment to attract, develop, retain and engage talent throughout the Operating Company (OpCo) to deliver business goals.
- Partner with Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) to execute core HR processes (e.g. performance management, talent management, total rewards, compensation, training and development, interactive process of transitional return to work, etc.). Provide coaching and guidance to leaders and associates regarding HR in areas such as policy and procedure. Collaborate with leaders and COEs to support recruitment and staffing plans. Work with the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) to drive an inclusive and diverse culture. Develops, implements and administers programs to enhance associate engagement and satisfaction levels (e.g. Sysco Speaks action planning). Employee and labor relations (investigations, conflict resolution). Support in reviewing, interpreting, administering and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures. Ensuring the initial report is entered into RisxFacs for Worker' Compensation (WC) and Liability and acting as a liaison between Gallagher Bassett (GB) and associate. Assists in determining training needs and developing programs to improve performance and professional development.
- Bachelor's degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field required for external candidates but preferred for internal candidates.
- 5 years of experience in Human Resources management, 3 years of which have been in a supervisory position preferred and/or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred. Systems Applications and Products (e.g. SAP, Workday, etc.) experience preferred.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job. Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do. Talking to others to convey information effectively and the ability to speak so others can understand you. Adjusting actions concerning others' actions Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents. Listening to and understanding the information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Reading and understanding the information and ideas presented in writing. Communicating information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. Conveying information and ideas in writing so others will understand Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences. Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Applying general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Perceiving when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem. Coming up with several ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. Frequently sit and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies. Able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and driving conditions.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.