Mortgage Customer Service Representative
Mortgage Customer Service Representative
Regular Full TimeRetail/Support I
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
- Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
- Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
- “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
- This position is the primary point of contact for mortgage loan customers and mortgage bank employees. This position is required to maintain working knowledge of all Bell Bank, State, federal and investor guidelines in order to ensure compliance with rules and regulations. This position will research and resolve simple to complex mortgage loan servicing problems. This position provides unequaled personal service to customers through a variety of digital channels in accordance with established policies and procedures, with accuracy and efficiency.
- Primary point of contact for mortgage loan customers and mortgage bank employees.
- Resolves a variety of simple to complex problems (i.e.: payments, escrow accounts, insurance, tax payments, year-end activity, PMI/MIP requirements, and all other activity regarding mortgage loans) for customers.
- Uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from other mortgage servicing teams or Bell Bank business units.
- Update and maintain position procedures and Q&As to ensure accuracy.
- Meet CFPB timing requirements for responses to customer notice of errors, information requests and customer complaints.
- Process phone payments from our customers and submitted by Virtual Bank
- Assist with incoming Mail, sorting, providing to appropriate areas, and working the return mail
- Sort mail for payments and pair them with correct tickets. Scan payments and any additional work through the Branch Capture system daily and maintain scanning equipment
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all Bell Bank, State, federal and investor guidelines.
- Coordinates and processes payoff requests.
- Provides guidance to customers with the insurance claim process and send claim packets.
- Work with customers to update Insurance policies and retain required documentation for the insurance department.
- Research and resolve requests as needed according to established policies and procedures. Make appropriate updates to MSP and/or submit task items to the appropriate area.
- Enter customer correspondence into the mortgage servicing system for tracking.
- Maintain working knowledge of all areas related to mortgage loan servicing.
- Follow established policies and procedures, accurately and efficiently to meet team quality standards.
- Verbalize and demonstrate knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality, and integrity of customer information.
- Communicate service issues in a timely manner to supervisor for resolution.
- Meet or exceed all performance goals as outlined for the position.
- Provide courteous, accurate, and efficient assistance to customers over the phone, by email, by mail, and through CCN, Q2, or Allegiance Online Customer Communication system.
- Provide assistance to our customers with online enrollment in Q2
- Maintain knowledge of functions within appropriate skill level required for quality service.
- Maintain knowledge of all mortgage products and services offered by Bell Bank.
- Know by name and face as many customers and employees as possible, calling them by name as often as possible.
- Know and practice LOCBUTN, our Golden Rules, and Bell Bank Customer Service Standards.
- Know, understand, and live the company values and bottom line.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Required:
- High School diploma.
- Knowledge of personal computers and related software programs including, but not limited to, Windows XP and Microsoft Office, and ability to effectively use them.
- Experience in banking is helpful.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively handle conflict and work under pressure.
- Ability to listen, evaluate and exercise independent judgment.