Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Human Resources is seeking an administrative assistant to join a team of professionals who focus on empowering, connecting, recognizing, and celebrating people. This role serves Concordia College as a knowledgeable and welcoming point of contact for the human resources department and provides administrative support activities that lead to the success of Human Resource operations and services. Responsibilities require embracing technology, high discretion, high integrity, and maintaining confidentiality with the ability to find solutions, manage interruptions, and prioritize tasks.
1. Support the mission and vision of Concordia College and demonstrate the competencies as defined for this position.
2. Reception and Customer Service – 25%
• Serves as first point of contact for Human Resources by greeting the general public, answering phones and responding to inquires in person, over the phone, or through e-mail, including but not limited to job openings, benefits, standard payroll information and other human resources activities/services.
• Resolve customer needs, make referrals, or escalate to appropriate staff. For example, assist applicants with basic questions regarding receipt of application, where jobs are located on the website and the status of a search.
• Provides customer service support, ensuring forms are completed accurately and answering basic questions. This includes the I9, benefit forms, etc.
• Provides support and assistance to students, staff, faculty and applicants on technology platforms used by Human Resources.
• Process routine information and/or inquires on activities, processes, policies and procedures and programs.
• Perform other needed tasks as they arise.
3. Administrative Support and Operations (35%)
• Provide general administrative support to Human Resources Department staff.
• Enter data and compile information; maintain databases and spreadsheets for preparation of reports.
• Prepare a variety of documents, correspondence, and reports using various software applications. Publish and share the new hire and departure list and emails. Organize HR digital files.
• Perform basic financial tasks such as coordinate purchases, process invoices and payments, reconcile purchase card transactions, monitor and track expenses, and generate financial reports.
• Coordinate in-person or virtual meetings; record and transcribe minutes as requested and provide post-meeting follow-up as required. Maintain contact groups and coordinate scheduled for HR committees such as benefits, wellbeing, Title IX, etc.
• Assist department staff with travel arrangements; prepare itineraries and schedules as needed.
• Create personnel files and manage files to record retention schedule.
• Assist with adherence to the Criminal Background Check policy by facilitating Kari Koskinen background checks including fingerprinting, mailing of correspondence, tracking, communication with Facilities department, etc.
• Track inventories; order, organize, and maintain office equipment and supplies.
• Manage the incoming and outgoing mail. Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEX, UPS, etc).
• Facilitate benefits enrollment by answering basic benefit questions and assisting employees in filling out forms.
• Provides support to the Human Resources Director, in project research, assisting with calendar scheduling, completing requests for payment, drafting correspondence, etc.
• Perform special projects as needed.
4. Events and Marketing (20%)
• Assist in planning and coordinating logistics for on-campus, off-campus, or virtual human resources events.
• Assist in marketing and promotion of human resources events, programs, and resources to audiences through website, Cobbernet, social media, email correspondence, and print media.
• Responsible for the updating and maintaining the department’s webpages.
• Serve as evacuation coordinator for office (a required position at the college for each office).
• Manage annual year of service recognition, sending out monthly vouchers and reminders to supervisors.
5. I-9 Form Management (15%)
• Assist customers with completion of the I-9 and recording within technology symptoms.
• Manage reporting from the Equifax system.
• Interpret the I-9 rules and regulations conferring with other HR staff, as needed.
• Manage the automated reminder process.
• Complete I-9’s for international staff.
6. Other duties as assigned to support the success of Human Resource operations and services. (5%)
Two-year associate degree in human resources or related field, plus two years successful related experience, or equivalent education and/or experience.
• Excellent computer literacy skills to include Word, Excel, and email. Ability to quickly master new computer software and programs.
• Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent prioritization and organization skills, with the ability to move between tasks in a productive manner.
• Superb attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be dependable.
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
• Ability to operate and maintain office equipment (fax, printers, copy machine, multi-line telephone system, etc)
Human Resources and/or payroll experience.