Associate IT Security Engineer | IT Security | Multi-City
Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States. We're proud to offer many development and advancement opportunities to our nearly 50,000 members of the Sanford Family who are dedicated to the work of health and healing across our broad footprint.
See yourself at Sanford!
Facility: 3801 Building
Location: Bemidji, MN
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Associate IT Security Engineer is responsible for assistance in identifying, evaluating, and implementing technical security controls for the organization. These controls are designed to prevent, detect, and contain security threats. The Associate IT Security Engineer role will work closely with members of their team to ensure timely resolution of day-to-day security and platform issues across various platforms including firewalls, email, authentication, digital certificates, encryption, anti-virus, and others. In addition, may assist with proactive maintenance of the security infrastructure. Responsibilities:
Respond to day-to-day operational work such as managing network security rules, email policy, endpoint protections, and others.
Assist with implementing security controls using industry best practices across numerous technologies including, but not limited to SIEM, email filtering, web and content filtering, firewall, IPS/IDS systems, anti-virus / endpoint security, strong authentication, and data protection.
Assist with maintenance of existing security systems including implementing new features, performing upgrades, and managing technical configurations / policies across numerous technologies.
Provide responses to written and oral requests and security consultations in a timely fashion.
Make strategic recommendations to enhance and improve overall security posture.
Develop working relationships and trust with other teams by acting in a consistent, genuine manner.
- Technical background with a combination of education and/or experience with multiple technologies across various domains including network security, endpoint security, email security, authentication, secure software development, identity and access management, and data protection.
- The ability to understand complex technical concepts and translate that to non-technical users.
- A strong working knowledge of information security standards and best practices.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the technology solutions organization, project and application development teams, management, and business personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in information security or an IT related field.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to email@example.com .
Job Function: Information Technology
Req Number: R-31580