IT Security Engineer | IT Security | Multi-City
Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States. We're proud to offer many development and advancement opportunities to our nearly 50,000 members of the Sanford Family who are dedicated to the work of health and healing across our broad footprint.
See yourself at Sanford!
Facility: Stevens Center Building
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 40.00
The IT Security Engineer is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and implementing technical security controls for the organization. These controls are designed to prevent, detect, and contain security threats. The IT Security Engineer role will work closely with members of their team, as well as other teams, to ensure timely and accurate completion of projects and proactive maintenance of the security infrastructure. Responsibilities:
Implement methods for improving and establishing controls for critical processes.
Implement security controls using industry best practices across numerous technologies including, but not limited to SIEM, email filtering, web and content filtering, firewall, IPS/IDS systems, anti-virus / endpoint security, strong authentication, and data protection.
Respond to day-to-day operational work such as managing network security rules, email policy, endpoint protections, and others while simultaneously multitasking with strategic project initiatives.
Maintain existing security systems including implementing new features, performing upgrades, and managing technical configurations / policies across numerous technologies.
Partner closely with the Security Operations Center to ensure a cohesive strategy and execution of security controls
Provide responses to written and oral requests and security consultations in a timely fashion.
Make strategic recommendations to enhance and improve overall security posture.
Develop working relationships and trust with other teams by acting in a consistent, genuine manner.
- Technical background with a history of working across multiple technologies across various domains including network security, endpoint security, email security, authentication, secure software development, identity and access management, and data protection.
- Hands on experience working as a systems administrator, IT administrator, or security administrator managing the infrastructure and technical setup/configuration of multiple technologies.
- The ability to understand complex technical concepts and translate that to non-technical users.
- A strong understanding of the business impact of security tools, technologies, policies, and practices and how those technologies improve security and how those technologies will impact end users.
- A strong working knowledge of the information security standards and best practices including a working knowledge of industry regulations such as PCI and HIPPA are preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the technology solutions organization, project and application development teams, management, and business personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in information security or an IT related field. Advanced security training and knowledge is required.
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in information security or IT.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to email@example.com .
Job Function: Information Technology
Req Number: R-31577