Customer Service Representative I
SUMMARY: Sells replacement parts products to businesses over the telephone by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Handles inbound sales calls to convert calls into sales.
- Does follow up to existing customers by telephone and e-mail to verify any previous conversation.
- Overcomes technical and business objectives of prospective customers.
- Provide manuals and information on how to access online manuals.
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s production and delivery schedules.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Works with inside and outside new sales representatives to keep account activities up to date.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems and deliveries.
- Coordinate shipping and deliveries.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in sales and marketing or related field.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be familiar with product and application.
- Must be familiar with manufacturing capabilities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations while under stress.
- Understanding of manufacturing workflow.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, create reports, and perform routine correspondence.
- Ability to work with vendors, customers, and employees.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardization situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have superior knowledge of accessing and using the internet, HTML, knowledge of computer systems, communication tools and software, and Microsoft Office Suite and ERP software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or Dynamics D365 is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
*Each employee should be aware that changes in this job description could occur at any time. Also, this job description is not to be considered or construed to be a contract of employment.