Solution Architect (Sales & Marketing)
Solution Architect (Sales & Marketing)
Doosan Bobcat has an exciting opportunity for a talented solution architect to join our architecture team supporting Marketing, Sales and Aftermarket Parts & Service systems!
We have embarked on a major digital transformation initiative to enhance our business solutions and re-platform legacy systems. Our vision is to empower our business with systems that align to our strategic objective to provide the best digital experience and capabilities for our customers. Our digital transformation framework empowers cross-functional teamwork; embraces scaled agile framework (SAFe) delivery methodology; and promotes innovation, excellence, agility, and efficiency. To achieve our objectives, we will provide modern, reliable and performant technology to surpass our growing customer demands, provide an outstanding customer experience with technology solutions that enable our business and foster data driven decisions.
The Solutions Architect will drive the design and delivery of world-class application and software solutions and lead the architectural direction for significant initiatives. This includes providing innovative solutions driving the direction of architecture for our systems implementation to achieve our business needs. You will be challenged to recommend optimal software solutions for new and existing cloud and on-premise applications to facilitate transformation for both business and technology processes.
This position will work closely with our Digital ARTs (Agile Release Trains) providing leadership while architecting end-to-end solutions across distributed and host environments.
Your responsibilities include partnering with development teams and successfully lead the design of the applications solutions. The role collaborates with other architecture disciplines to ensure new services align to roadmaps and associated strategies.
This position may be located in Minneapolis, MN, Fargo, ND or Bismarck, ND.
Role & Responsibility
- Provide technical leadership, analysis and design related to the development of complex applications supporting a broad range of technology platforms with the goal of achieving the stated business objectives.
- Define application roadmaps to address the gaps between the current and future state with the mindset of incremental, extensible capability roadmaps that demonstrate quick wins.
- Accountable for overall solution-level integrity of applications.
- Develop and maintain current and future state reference architecture.
- Lead analysis of current solutions to identify critical deficiencies and drive solution improvement.
- Analyze current technologies and solutions utilized across the enterprise and suggest alternate solutions that align to the business needs.
- Gain insights into and anticipate customer pain points, challenges, and needs for modernized applications. Identifies business value opportunities and aims to deliver quality solutions.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to identify and recommend software solutions and strategies to resolve business challenges.
- Participate in the innovation process and continuous improvement by leveraging the latest industry knowledge.
- Determine the technical and operational feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Develop and maintain implementation plans for key aspects of enterprise applications based on business requirements and technology strategies.
- Participate in technology reviews; experiment with new ideas and technology trends to determine impact on the enterprise architecture.
- Contribute to an inclusive environment that values differences by building and maintaining collaborative relationships with team members, peers, and leadership.
- Develop and ensure compliance with architecture principles and standards based on design patterns.
- Support testing, deployment, training and communication.
- Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures.
- Perform product evaluations and proof of concepts.
- Perform vendor management.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 10 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
- Possess strong foundational technical skill sets and architecture experience which can be leveraged as use of current and newer technologies is expanded in applications.
- Proven ability to create an architecture solution in alignment with the reference architecture and utilize foundational services to address the quality attributes (non-functional requirements) of the solution.
- Manufacturing, automotive or farm implement industry experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple development technologies including but not limited to Java, C#, NodeJS, VueJS.
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Azure), platform as a service; micro-services architecture and architecture models is preferred.
- Ability to learn the latest technologies and be self-started in running proof of concepts to determine how they can be applied to solve needs within the organization.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience a plus.
- Excellent facilitation, discovery, analysis, and prototyping skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Self-initiated individual who consistently delivers high quality results with limited guidance and willingly trains, guides and positively influences others.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and must be able to manage multiple requests at the same time.
- High motivation, self-starting, ability to work with minimal direct supervision, takes ownership.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Effectively communicates to diverse technical and nontechnical audiences, including engineers, scrum masters, peer architects, product owners, business owners, senior leaders, etc.
- Ability to influence teams to a future state while understanding the need to make practical. decisions along the way. Strong ability to create a following amongst a technical group.
- Travel Standard < 25%.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.