Central Sterile Tech I
Technician I performs surgical and procedural supply and instrument distribution, inventory, and management. The technician will be trained in one to four areas in the Central Sterile Department including supply management, surgery case build, decontamination, and sterilization. Technicians work as a team to assure all instruments and supplies are ready and available for surgical and procedural patient care. Technicians will complete training and education to advance to Technician II.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize job duties and requirements to meet standards.
- Documents and communicates all information as required.
- Performs tasks and is trained in a portion of the following areas.
- Assembles and distributes supplies to standards. Completes supply management.
- Inventories and processes discrepancies in patient case supplies.
- Assembles and distributes supplies to standards. Completes supply management, including receiving, back orders, etc. Inventories and processes discrepancies in patient case supplies. Responds to emergency events with supplies and carts to standard.
- Assembles and distributes instruments according to standards. Completes instrument management, including emergency carts.
- Performs instrument, equipment, and non-lumen or single channel scope decontamination procedures according to standards. Operates all decontamination equipment. Performs all quality assurance integrity checks to standards.
- Performs instrument sterilization procedures according to standards. Operates all sterilization equipment. Performs all quality assurance integrity checks, ensuring all recall and collection variances are completed per standards.
- Inspects, inventories, assembles, and packages single instruments or clinic procedure sets for sterilization.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- Demonstrates understanding and follows infection control policies and procedures according to standard operating procedure.
- Maintains requirements for age specific competencies for the position and demonstrates the knowledge or principles of growth and developments and the skills necessary to provide patient/customer care/services.
- The use of all safety equipment and personal protective equipment.