Network/Security Admin- Moorhead, MN
New Opportunity in our IT Department!!
We are looking for a self-starter to join our team as Network/Security Administrator in Corporate Office. The purpose of this position is to ensure the stable and secure operation of the company's networks. This includes designing, administering, modifying, installing, and supporting the network systems, as well as assisting in the development and operation of the company's cybersecurity program. They will also provide advanced solutions and support for the Company's hardware and software solutions.
The principal accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provides advanced hardware/software recommendations, selection, support, and management for LAN, WAN, Internet, Intranet systems, and VLAN environments. Helps users solve problems using available hardware and software tools.
- Research security improvements and make recommendations to management and Security Team.
- Develops security standards and best practices. Investigates security violations and modifies procedures to prevent future incursions. Review changes to information systems to ensure compliance with security standards.
- Responsible for internal and 3rd party monitoring of networks, vulnerability scanning, and penetration testing. Fixes/remediates detected vulnerabilities.
- Works with staff and outside vendors to complete repairs and maintenance of personal computers, printers, and networking equipment as required. Provides recommendations to the Manager of Infrastructure and Operations regarding major repairs or replacement of equipment.
- Evaluates and plans implementation of complex network systems and recommends resource requirements to maintain or upgrade service levels.
- Assist in network planning, design/engineering, architecture development, and the creation of technical standards.
- Supports and manages firewalls, vpns, switches, wireless controllers, personal computer, and network systems that interface with enterprise-supported systems. Provides system and program support to users on network systems; oversees the design, installation, and maintenance network cabling at all sites. Also provides one-on-one training to individual users to ensure the effective utilization of network resources.
- Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Plan, design, analyze, and provide technical support for all data communications.
- Participates in rotating on call support.
- Responds to tickets, troubleshoots equipment, system, wide area network, local area network and program problems; makes necessary equipment repairs, contacting vendors for support assistance.
- Researches and makes recommendations regarding network equipment replacement to the Manager of I&O.
- Problems of an unusual nature are referred to the Manager of I&O for discussion prior to resolution.
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of VLANs, advanced routing, wireless, firewalls, VPNs, sd-wan and troubleshooting skills.
- E xtensive experience with Cisco products.
- Must have extensive knowledge Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, and authentication protocols.
- This is typically gained through the completion of a four-year degree in a related field (computer science, computer information systems, and/or electrical engineering) and five years work experience in a related field.
- Education may also include the following certifications Cisco CCNA, CCS, CCNP, CCIE or security certifications CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISM, CISSP, or CISA.
- Knowledge of hardware capabilities, system design, programming techniques, data processing techniques, effective planning and project management skills are essential.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization are critical.
An Equal Opportunity Employer