Construction Laborers - Herman
This position works on construction projects, usually working in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where the demands require varied experience and an ability to work without close supervision.
- Measures distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches tight line.
- Bolts, nails, aligns, and blocks up under forms.
- Positions rebar and ties.
- Smooths and finishes freshly-poured cement or concrete.
- Erects scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Safely operates hand and power tools.
- Protects surfaces by mopping, brushing, or spreading paints or other compounds.
- Applies caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
- Saws lumber, dismantles forms, removes projects from concrete, and mounts pipe hangers.
- Participates in demolition work.
- Maintains a clean job site by picking up all tools and equipment and by cleaning up rubble and debris.
- Assists other craft workers.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Brings any issues or concerns to the attention of the Site Superintendent, Safety Representative, or HR Director.
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Time management
- Verbal communications
- Attendance and punctuality
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Project locations require continuous travel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Forklift and/or skid-steer loader certificates required to operate such equipment.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.