Office Assistant ND
Office Assistant – Grand Forks
Do you want to be part of a growing, family-owned company? Do you love working in a team environment and interacting with customers? We want to add an Office Assistant to our Grand Forks, ND store. In this role, you are responsible for answering incoming calls and greeting customers, assisting customer with billing information and other requests, handling all bank deposits, credit card deposits, payments on accounts and petty cash, and more! If these job responsibilities align with your skillset, read the job description below and apply online today!
• Answers incoming calls and greets customers.
• Assist customers with billing information and other requests.
• Monitor cash sale collections, run credit card batch and prepare daily bank deposits.
• Handles all bank deposits, credit card deposits, payments on accounts and petty cash. Also responsible for allocating the cash sale account and COD accounts.
• Sort and distribute incoming mail along with preparing outgoing mail.
• Code invoices for accounting.
• Assist the HR Department in handling HR documents, job postings, conduct new employee orientation and serve as a contact for basic benefits questions.
• Assists managers with scheduling interviews, testing applicants, and checking references.
• Schedule DOT screening tests and physicals.
• Process Worker’s Compensation claims.
• Serve as the Safety liaison with Corporate.
• Be aware of associates schedules and contact information in order to better serve our customers
• Sort and file customer packing slips.
• Manage office supplies.
• Maintain MSDS information.
• Manage ordering and selling of all merchandise and apparel.
• Coordinate United Way Campaign, company picnic, annual holiday celebration, customer appreciation breakfast and other events.
• Work on various projects and tasks for multiple departments as needed.
• Coordinate Wellness Committee activities.
• Assist in other departments as needed.
• Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of BMC.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or equivalent combination of business experience, training and/or education required
• Previous phone experience
• Experience with Excel/Word/PowerPoint
• Able to handle multiple tasks
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Detail oriented
• Good organizational skills are essential
As a family business for three generations, we currently employ over 800 associates in 18 locations throughout North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. We are looking for self-motivated, forward-thinking individuals to join us in our continued success. If you desire to start your career with our team, here are some things we offer within our full benefits package:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company paid life insurance
• Paid holidays
• Maternity Benefit
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 401(K) Plan
• Profit Sharing Plan/Vocational Pension Plan