Terrain Park Attendant
The Terrain Park Attendant is a labor intensive position that is responsible for construction, maintenance, and repair of all features as well as promoting safety awareness, educating on Terrain Park etiquette, and providing positive guest relations within the terrain parks. Daily responsibilities include opening and closing the terrain park, ensuring all signage is visible, testing of features and assessing risk and liability each morning. The Terrain Park Attendant will provide exceptional guest service and work outdoors in all weather conditions for the entire day. When applying for this position one must be self motivated and able to work in extreme environmental conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
● Greet every guest, assist and provide information about Detroit Mountain Recreation Area.
● Knowledge of emergency plans (lift evacuation, fire, wind, lighting, etc.)
● Perform maintenance on and around rope tow load/unload areas.
● Fence/barrier maintenance; trash and snow removal.
● Mark all jump take offs and lips.
● Have a presence in the park and advocate safe riding and etiquette.
● Cooperate well with other departments and support as needed.
● Create a safe experience for all guests by providing instruction on rules for using the terrain parks.
● Complete required log sheets daily and other documents as needed.
● Must maintain a professional well-groomed appearance and have employee badge visible at all times.
● Responds quickly to all needs that may arise and communicates effectively with other operators/leads/supervisors.
● Maintains a clean, safe work environment by performing extra duties such as raking and moving debris out of the way.
● Communicates with Guest Services/MOD when running into operational issues.
● Communicate with and assist Ski Patrol to properly handle accidents and injuries within the terrain parks.
● Communicate with outside operations and inside operations as to whether the parks are assessed properly and ready to open for the day.
● Be familiar with special mountain events.
● Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements.
● Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Must be highly motivated, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Good observation skills
● Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule, including day and evening shifts, holidays and weekends as necessary
● Ability to adhere to all safety policies
● Ability to interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management
● Must be physically able to be on feet for extended periods of time; stand for long periods of time
● Ability to work in all extreme weather conditions
● Must be able to bend, lift and twist repeatedly