Assistant Store Manager
Bachman’s was founded in 1885 and remains a family-owned business, with fifth-generation Bachman family members leading the company today.
We are hiring in our Eden Prairie Location!
- Assist in managing the entire store operation, directly supervise the retail operations as assigned by the Store Manager
- Provide excellent customer service and be a role model to others. Hire, train, motivate, and discipline staff.
- Actively participate in merchandising, ordering, stocking, display, and inventory control.
- Provide daily supervision and work direction through a participative management style by encouraging a teamwork environment to meet customer needs.
- Perform required administrative functions on a timely basis: sales/labor reports, schedules, reviews, timecards, assist with the budget and inventory planning.
- Manage the entire stores operation in absence of Store Manager.
- Ensure physical cleanliness and maintenance of the Store.
- Other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in supervisory capacity. Associates degree in Horticulture, or related post-secondary education.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and build relationship with customers and staff.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Technical knowledge including POS systems, Window’s, and Excel. Knowledge of merchandise and display.
- High energy level, with the ability to provide strong leadership, train, delegate, and motivate staff.
- MNLA Certification preferred.
- Ability to gain a good knowledge of Bachman’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of garden and floral products.
Schedule: Schedule varies depending on store hours and needs, Sunday- Saturday
Bachman's is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance 401(k) program
- Health Savings Account Family, military, and medical leave
- Paid time off 20% employee discount Employee Club (discounted tickets and events)
- Employee Assistance Program Wellness Program
Benefits vary based on position and length of service. A member of our HR staff will review the comprehensive benefits package with you prior to eligibility.