The mission of Knute Nelson is to enrich the lives of everyone we serve.
This is a part-time position working 24 hours a pay period at our Grand Arbor facility, including every other weekend and holiday.
• Works primarily in the kitchen.
• Assist and work collaboratively with all culinary team members.
• Primarily works in the kitchen areas, and is responsible for utilizing automated dish machines, manually washing pots and pans and stocking clean dishes, glassware and silverware. Additional responsibilities include heavy lifting, working with chemicals, emptying trashcans and mopping.
• Look for and report any items in need of repair to the Sous chef. Perform all daily tasks in accordance with established facility and departmental policies and procedures.
• Carry out special projects as identified including food preparation.
• The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Education and Experience Required:
• No specific education required but must be at least 15 yrs of age.
• Able to physically perform the duties required by the position.
• Required to have the ability to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with staff, residents and visitors.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Knute Nelson's policy forbids employees and associates from discriminating against anyone based on race, religion, color, creed, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, familial status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Knute Nelson is committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career advancement.Knute Nelsonalso provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.