- Performs and assists in all factory, agricultural and operations maintenance activities.
- Works with non-licensed personnel to train and enable those individuals to work the required time to test for an electrical license.
- Repairs, replaces and installs new generators online.
- Uses the Company's computerized maintenance management system (SAP) to record and access maintenance related information.
- Programs, troubleshoots, and operates programmable controllers, distributive control systems and interlocking systems.
- Performs timely and effective electrical maintenance and repair on rolling stock.
- Works overtime as required.
- High School diploma or a GED certificate is required.
- Journeyman's Class A license is required. Master is preferred.
- Working knowledge of relays, motors and gearboxes is required.
- Must be able to work with up to 12,470 volt 3-phase equipment and switch gears as well as lower voltages in both single and 3-phase.
- Must be able to work with programmable controllers, distributive control systems and hardwired/software interlocks, variable frequency drives, DC drives and related appurtenances.
- Must be able to reason through problems involving set-up of routine instrumentation projects and maintenance of complex processing equipment. Must possess judgment required to plan and select and use the correct materials, tools and equipment in electrical construction or maintenance.
- Must be able to read, understand, and be capable of applying knowledge of written information, electrical wiring diagrams, OEM manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc. and possess math skills required to perform job requirements.
- Must possess or obtain forklift certification.