Shift Superintendent - Sidney, MT
Great Pay and Benefits!
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team at Sidney Sugars Incorporated, located in Sidney, MT as a Shift Superintendent. The purpose of this position is to direct the shift operations of the factory in accordance with established procedures and in a manner that produces quality products at the lowest unit cost while maintaining a safe work environment. During inter-campaign, this position will also direct and assist in the mechanical repair of equipment as well as the installation of capital equipment.
The principal accountabilities of this position include:
- Produce a quality product within specification with minimal waste of product or resources, while complying with all company and regulatory standards and specifications.
- Ensure maximum factory output through prudent factory operation.
- Ensure all safety, sanitation, process accounting, product quality, environmental, and staffing functions comply with company policy and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with crew on processing and labor-management topics.
- Identify sugar beet delivery problems and works with the Ag Department to correct.
- Ensure maintenance and quality control are performing within established guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all good manufacturing practices.
- Administer time and attendance, work performance, disciplinary documentation and other administrative duties within company policy and constraints of union contract.
- Extensive knowledge of the sugar beet refining process
- Asolid mechanical aptitude
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of product quality standards, HACCP, sanitation procedures, good manufacturing practices, environmental and OSHA compliance.
- This incumbent must also possess excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- These skills are typically obtained through a 2 - 4 year technical education and/or a minimum of 3 - 5 years of sugar beet processing and/or related food processing experience.
An Equal Opportunity Employer