MFIP Job Counselor
Primary Position Objectives:
This position provides a variety of counseling services to meet Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) participation requirements and to assist agency clients to become self-supporting by planning for, securing, and
maintaining employment. This position is at the Minnesota CareerForce.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, counseling, social and human services, or a combination of related education and related experience.
- English language proficient.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills to include word processing, email and internet.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Requires a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
- At least one (1) year of client service experience.
- Exceptional written, verbal, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with computer programs for assessment or skill development.
- Must work effectively in a team-structured client service delivery system.
- Experience working in groups, facilitation and motivational skills.
Those individuals who areveterans or possess the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) will be given additional consideration.
Conducts comprehensive assessment to identify barriers to employment and program service options. Assists clients to develop and implement a meaningful Employment Plan for self-sufficiency. Facilitates group workshops focusing on job search and life skills. Arranges for agency supportive services in program participation. Utilizes external resources and
services to support MFIP client’s needs. Attains or exceeds prescribed performance standards on a monthly basis. Maintains documentation of client contacts and progress related to their individual plans. Develop prospective worksites for clients scheduled to enter paid or uncompensated work. Interacts with county staff to coordinate services, conduct orientation, and monitor client progress. Maintains knowledge and understanding of MFIP policy requirements.
Application Instructions: Submit an application packet consisting of the Rural Minnesota CEP Application for Employment, resume, and cover letter by 4:30 pm on November 29, 2020
Melissa Kain, Human Resources Manager
Rural Minnesota CEP, Inc.
803 Roosevelt Avenue
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
A Rural Minnesota CEP Application for Employment can be found online at www.rmcep.com. To receive an application via mail, email, or fax please call 218-847-0712.
Rural Minnesota CEP, Inc. reserves the right to
select those who will be interviewed from application information.
RMCEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program Provider
Upon request, this information will be made available in an alternate form.
“Your Future is Our Business”