LPN or MA | Interpreter/Wellness Coordinator | Tracy
Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States. We're proud to offer many development and advancement opportunities to our nearly 50,000 members of the Sanford Family who are dedicated to the work of health and healing across our broad footprint.
See yourself at Sanford!
Facility: Tracy Hospital
Location: Tracy, MN
Address: 251 5th St E, Tracy, MN 56175, USA
Shift: 8 Hours - Day Shifts
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 36.00
Wellness: Plans, organizes and directs health education programs and provide wellness assistance for group and community needs performing the below duties.
Interpreter: The Interpreter serves as a medical interpreter and advocate for patients and families who have Limited English Proficiency (LEP).
. Wellness: Works with clinic, clinic nursing and clinic Health Coach to assist Hmong patients with scheduling appointments, appointment reminders and questions with billing and insurance. Work closely with Hospital Wellness Coordinator to design education programs for the Hmong patients.
Interpreter: Acts as a liaison between the needs of LEP speaking patients and Sanford Health caregivers in providing medical interpretation. Assures hospital compliance with all policies and legal requirements regarding communication with LEP patients. Assists healthcare staff to understand cultural differences that could impede care. Requires frequent communication with patients, family members, visitors and staff. Maintains strict confidentiality regarding any hospital-patient communication. Demonstrates the ability to rotate throughout all patient care departments in the hospital and perform competently in all areas where assigned. Responsible to translate accurate, written versions of documents or medical records upon request. Promotes cultural competence and sensitivity by explaining or teaching cultural differences or practices to hospital personnel. Interpret for Hmong patients when needed in the clinic and hospital (inpatient and outpatient settings). Make follow up phone calls for medical needs to Hmong patients. Call Hmong patients with test results.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with clinic reception to schedule appointments with patients and assist with making appointment reminder calls.
- Make follow-up calls with clinic nursing regarding test results, next steps, etc.
- Assist patients with questions on billing and insurance.
- Design wellness education programs for Hmong patients and present programs to the Hmong community on a quarterly basis.
- Listen to speakers' statements to determine meanings and to prepare translations, using electronic listening systems as necessary.
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
- Translate messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages, orally or by using hand signs, maintaining message content, context, and style as much as possible.
- Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as those for legal or medical material.
- Read written materials, such as legal documents, scientific works, or news reports, and rewrite material into specified languages.
- Coaches others on methods of improving their own communications.
- Optimizes time, tools, and resources to achieve desired results.
- Designs and develops a variety of training courses for audiences of different levels and backgrounds.
- Uses a broad range of techniques in communicating complex ideas to diverse populations.
- Recognizes and adapts to differences in background, culture, language and work style, when working with others.
Education Details: LPN degree (Associates or equivalent from two-year College or technical school) or willingness to obtain. Proficiency in English and Hmong languages.
Interpreter: Must have a minimum of forty hours in Interpreter training from an approved training program and successfully demonstrate oral proficiency based on a test demonstrating fluency in both English and Target Language by passing the Interpreters Skills Test. Two years of experience as an interpreter in a healthcare setting preferred. Must have the ability to translate written documents from English into Target Language and vice versa. Must be familiar with federal mandates as it pertains to Foreign Language standards. Computer experience necessary. Employee is expected to pursue continuing education to remain knowledgeable in topics related to Language Arts, Medical Terminology, and Interpreter and Translator best practices.
Wellness: Licensed by the Minnesota State Board of Nursing or willingness to obtain.
Interpreter: Must be certified as Medical Interpreter through a nationally recognized certifying agency/board. Certification eligible employees must become certified at earliest test date available after working one year in position and maintain certification thereafter. Valid Driver’s license required. Must maintain good driving record.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to email@example.com .
Job Function: Nursing
Req Number: R-28353