Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Marketing Managers and other Marketing and Creative Services (MCS) team members to help clients develop appropriate marketing strategies, tactics and best practices to meet strategic goals, including:
- Assist with researching new trends, marketing technologies and target audiences to determine effective marketing strategies and tactics
- Assist in developing and documenting marketing campaigns/plans, including goals, strategies/tactics, timeline, budget, and evaluation
- Assist marketing and creative team members to implement creative, effective, and efficient campaigns that meet the goals and timelines of the marketing plan
- Build strong working relationships with clients, vendors, and other service providers
- Serve as a project manager and main point of contact for assigned portfolio of clients, including:
- Collaborate with UND departments and marketing team to develop and execute marketing and communication plans for the recruitment of undergraduate, graduate and non-credit students (both on-campus and online).
- In-take project requests in timely manner
- Schedule necessary project “kick-off” meetings with client and appropriate members of MCS team
- Build project plans in project management system with project details, assignments, and timelines
- Manage workflow processes using established project management systems and protocols
- Provide status updates to clients and MCS team members, making sure to keep both parties are well-informed of projects’ goals, expectations, timelines and deliverables
- Communicate frequently (daily if necessary) with clients to provide the highest quality of customer service
- Participate in campus partner meetings as requested
- Work with clients to obtain content, feedback, and approval of marketing projects.
- Provide suggestions for enhanced communication, workflow or other processes that increase efficiencies, productivity, effectiveness and/or client satisfaction.
- Work with a team of professionals to assist with the coordination and implementation of branding, recruitment, and retention campaigns from the development stage to the final evaluation.
- Coordinate the development, production, and distribution of traditional and digital communications, including printed publications, direct mail, signage, websites, emails, videos, texting, social media, etc., in an effective and efficient manner.
- Communicate with various campus administrative offices and outside vendors to manage print, direct mail, and promotional item projects.
- Follow UND Procurement policies and properly complete necessary paperwork to order promotional items and printed publications from Duplicating Services and commercial vendors.
- Serve as writer, copy editor and / or proofreader for a variety of traditional and digital communications and provide input for enhanced clarity and/or creativity in messaging.
- Assist with the development, copy writing and maintenance of multiple UND websites, including:
- Assist with analyzing and using keywords in Web copy to increase search engine optimization
- Ensure that the marketing-related Website content is accurate prior to launching a marketing campaign
- Help to monitor Web analytics to improve search engine optimization, navigation and e-marketing campaigns
- Regularly review all student communications to ensure accuracy, student-centered messaging and university branding.
- Provide feedback to Creative team for enhanced effectiveness and creativity in design.
- Assist with identifying photo/video opportunities and coordinating photo/video shoots with other departments and outside vendors as requested.
- Proactively manage email communications and drip campaigns in Pardot and Target X CRM systems.
- Learn to use digital communication technologies effectively and efficiently, including OmniUpdate, Google Analytics, Word Press, Mail Poet, TextMarks and social media platforms.
- Follow UND Identity Guidelines and Brand Standards for design and writing.
- Complete all assigned projects in an efficient, effective, and timely manner.
- Complete post-evaluation of projects to measure effectiveness/ROI (as applicable) and provide suggestions for future improvements.
- Contribute to an optimistic and enthusiastic workplace that challenges and energizes staff.
- Support the workplace culture by demonstrating the professional conduct and values expected of all employees.
- Participate in developing, implementing, and continually evaluating policies, processes and strategies and recommend changes when necessary.
- Follow Division and University systems and protocols for resource, project, and file management.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, retreats, planning sessions, trainings, and other meetings/events as required.
- Volunteer to participate in at least one recruitment or retention event per year.
- Update Performance Management Plan in a timely manner and provide ongoing feedback to supervisor.
- Be forward thinking and explore new opportunities for growth and improvement. Continually improve and advance personal leadership through professional development and continuing education.
- Complete annual professional development goals by attending workshops, listening to webinars, reading articles or other learning opportunities as they relate to marketing strategy, especially in areas of higher education marketing, leadership and student engagement.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working across diverse mediums, including print, electronic, social networking, video and other emerging media.
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Strong written communication skills, including writing marketing copy for the media, print and/or the Web.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to have grace under pressure and work efficiently under time constraints while producing high quality work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute integrated marketing plans.
- Demonstrated ability to market programs and events, with a preference for experience in marketing educational or service-oriented programs.
- Familiarity with higher education marketing trends, strategies, and tactics.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing trends in today’s competitive environment, especially related to higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, business, management or related field.
- Experience working in an environment with multiple deadlines, including demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet multiple requests.
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), Internet, email and Web research.
- Project management experience creating project plans with concise, executable timelines and measurable results.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Successful completion of criminal history records check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- One year of experience in a marketing, communications, project management or advertising position, including branding, research, copy writing and editing, design and promotions.
- Experience in market research techniques.
- Experience in developing and managing a budget.
- Experience using project management software, such as Asana.
- Experience using CRM software, such as Target X or Pardot.
- Experience in working with direct mail and commercial vendors, including bid specifications, mailing list management, and print production.
- Experience using a website content management system, such as OmniUpdate.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop).
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
$39,000, Full-Time, Exempt
Work Schedule/Start Date
8:00-4:30 Monday-Friday/Start Date: December 16, 2020
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202