Project Management Specialist
This position is located at the EERC, an international leader in energy and environmental research, conducting projects for clients throughout the United States and the world. The EERC offers opportunities to people with an exceptional work attitude, dedication to high professional standards, and commitment to personal development. We are looking for experienced, aggressive, scientifically trained, and market-oriented individuals to contribute to the success of the organization by performing one or more of the following functions duties and responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge of contractual scopes of work, timelines, and required deliverables.
- Preparing slides for technical presentations using PowerPoint.
- Prepare technical and non-technical documents such as topical reports, posters, proposals, and progress reports.
At the Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC), we know our people are our greatest asset. Our team of over 200 is sought after worldwide to solve energy and environmental challenges in innovative ways. Since 1951, we’ve worked with over 1,300 clients in 53 countries. We recognize that quality, market-driven science and engineering technologies come from engaged, motivated employees. We encourage lifelong learning through our Employee Development Program and offer many opportunities for both professional and personal growth. In addition to competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package, the EERC provides opportunities for inventors of commercialized technologies to share in the profits. As part of the University of North Dakota, employees are eligible for tuition waivers and reduced tuition for family members. Apply with us for a position that can turn into a lifelong passion and a work environment that’s more like a family.
For more information regarding the EERC, visit www.undeerc.org.
- Business development skills
- Organizational leadership skills
- Organizational/prioritization ability.
- Excellent interpersonal/oral/written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and receive training for new software programs.
- Familiarity with scientific nomenclature, including geoscience, geological, petroleum, and reservoir engineering terms.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of related experience and demonstrated skills relevant to the responsibilities of the position
- Experience writing, proof-reading, and editing capabilities
- Experience work with and coordinating with multiple teams or groups.
- Experience meeting deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Software, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience completing and managing a variety of tasks, including data management and entry.
- Cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae.
- Successful completion of criminal history records check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.
- 3 or more years of experience conducing or supporting research for federal, state, and/or commercial clients.
- Experience in project management or research administration.
- Knowledge of and experience negotiating federal and/or non-federal contracts.
- Experience preparing and formatting documents following federal reporting requirements, including quarterly progress reports, topical reports, technical reports, and final reports.
- Experience preparing proposals in response to federal funding opportunity announcements.
- Experience using internet-based spreadsheet software, e.g., Smartsheet.
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
Work Schedule/Start Date
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to accommodate work activities/work life balance. Travel may be required.
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
This posting will be open until filled with a first review date of December 2nd, 2020.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.