Manager of Safety & Risk Management
Watch this video to learn more about working at Industrial Contract Services.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401K. Competitive wage.
Organize, coordinate, and administer safety standards; which aim to reduce the number and severity of job site incidents, while maintaining the efficiency of the company and well-being of its employees, customers, and the community in accordance with company policies, procedures and all government regulations. The Safety Director will be responsible for conducting site visits with the goal of assessing and mitigating hazardous work conditions and ensures site workers are trained and equipped to perform their jobs safely.
Work Schedule: 40+ hours per week Monday through Friday.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Research regulations, initiate, and develop policies and procedures that implement, maintain, and enforce the ICS Safety and Health Program while ensuring state and federal regulatory compliance, along with owner policy compliance.
- Work cohesively with API Group Risk Management regarding corporate concerns and safety related issues.
- Develop and deliver appropriate safety training to personnel through orientations, web-based training, manage safety bulletins, memos and meetings to establish a proactive approach to providing a safe working environment. ICS is focused on performing training in house, such trainings include but are not limited to; aerial work platforms, forklift, CPR/FA, excavation, confined space, crane/derrick/hoist signals, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Ensure employees are trained in safe practices and have all the resources necessary and training to complete their job tasks. Such Training shall be documented and filed as required.
- Maintain scheduled safety training for Project Managers, Superintendents, company staff and field personnel.
- Interface with owner clients, their safety personnel, project managers, and other owner representatives with concerns, input, and issues involving safety while promoting an exchange of ideas and information.
- Co-Manage all ICS Injuries/Claims with APi Risk Management, regarding work related injury communications with the clinics, hospitals, rehabilitation, follow-up appointments, physical therapy & post incident substance abuse testing
- Investigate & document any incident or near misses to determine root cause while focusing on preventing re-occurring incidents
- Ensure safety goals are achieved on every project with zero incidents or near misses
- Ability to recognize onsite risk factors and take appropriate action with firmness and tact for a positive resolution
- Develops job-specific safety plans, schedule project visits and safety audits
- Controls hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee practices through weekly site visits, safety plans, and education of all supervisory personnel
- Identify risk trends and target areas of opportunity for safety and health improvement in coordination with leadership
- Analyze and recommend corrective action for all accidents
- Review documentation to insure all required onsite records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and provide coaching as required
- Oversee company safety equipment.
- Ensure completion of all safety required reporting, permitting, and pre-qualifications.
- Posting of all safety bulletins, safety posters, safety rules, and applicable legislation
- Continued education through corporate training or other public events
Degree in safety or occupational health or related field experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum 5 years’ experience in Safety Administration and extensive knowledge of OSHA and Federal Safety Regulations
- OSHA 500 / 510 Certifications, or will obtain the certification training within 6 months of hire date
- Ability to positively communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Knowledge of MSHA, DOT Regulated environments
- Knowledge of behavioral-based safety principles and practices
- Knowledge of accident prevention, incident investigation and safety equipment
- Strong knowledge of general and mechanical construction related activities
- Strong knowledge in managing Worker’s Comp and Insurance Claims
- Previous experience working with a Risk Management Information System (RMIS) (Riskonnect) or similar is preferred
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
There is occasional exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, temperature changes, industrial noise, confined spaces, elevated work surfaces, excavations and construction hazards usually accompanied by business travel and project visits.
The incumbent must have the ability to cycle on duty shift patterns with minimal performance degradation.
This position requires frequent sitting and standing/walking; and occasional reaching below and above shoulder level, use of keyboard/computer, bending, kneeling, lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds, and pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds. It also requires finger dexterity and hand coordination. This position requires good hearing and vision, and the ability to speak.
This position may require over-the-road travel and air travel with up to 10% of overnight stay for site visits, or remote training.
Click Apply to send us your resume
An EO/AA and Drug Free Employer