Eventide-Fargo is currently hiring for a full time Unit Secretary to work 8:00am - 4:30pm Mon-Fri with holiday rotation to work on our TCU floor.
The Unit Secretary performs clerical and receptionist work, daily records, charts medical and administrative information. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor facility access with the aid of video camera, intercom system, security alarms, Wanderguard, and fire alarms for the Fargo campus.
- Responsible for checking with appropriate department and signing for any deliveries to the nursing home, as appropriate and will call that department for pick up.
3. Assist in monitoring wandering residents and redirecting them back to unit.
- Greet, direct, and provide information to residents, staff, families, and visitors.
- Answer the telephone, relay messages and requests to unit personnel. Provide appropriate information to callers when possible and transfer calls to appropriate person.
- Assist with resident transfers and admissions.
- Schedule x-rays and lab work.
- Transcribe physicians' orders under supervision of the RN/Resident Care Nurse.
- Assist with in-house room changes and complete needed documentation and notification.
- Organize charts and needed paperwork for physician appointments and visits.
- Schedule and make transportation arrangements for residents various appointments and coordinates family or staff to accompany.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of clerical and office supplies on unit.
- Prepare appropriate documentation sheets (i.e. medication, treatment, doctor sheets, resident care lists, etc).
- Maintains resident charts and required physician appointments and visits.
- Work with consultant HIMS at least annually and as needed.
- Completes and works with the Master Schedule to ensure that daily staffing is adequate. Secures replacements as needed. Schedule will be posted in advance and personnel will be notified of any changes made to the schedule.
- Submits work requests for maintenance needs.
- Informs Human Resources of hiring needs for resident care staff in coordination with Clinical Coordinators and DON.