APP - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant | Cardiovascular Institute
Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States. We're proud to offer many development and advancement opportunities to our nearly 50,000 members of the Sanford Family who are dedicated to the work of health and healing across our broad footprint.
See yourself at Sanford!
Facility: Heart Hospital Building
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Address: 1301 W 18th St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104, USA
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides expert clinical guidance in a specialized field and coordinates patient care quality initiatives. Provides service to patients in acute, short and long term care settings by assisting physicians, assessing patients, and treating injuries and ailments. Obtains a thorough medical history from patient and dependent on patient population and setting will perform an examination and/or assessment to determine patient's needs. With other healthcare professionals, analyze and interpret information collected from patient, medical records, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information, to develop and establish appropriate diagnosis. Acknowledges and demonstrates the importance of care coordination and navigation by rounding on patients when necessary. Works in collaboration with providers and independently to provide care. Formulates a plan for treatment of the patient and prescribes medications based on efficacy, safety, and cost as legally authorized if necessary, in order to aid recovery and manage pain. Maintain complete and detailed records of patients' health care plans and prognoses in a timely manner. Consult with or refer patients to appropriate specialists when conditions exceed the scope of practice or expertise. Provide patients with information needed to promote health, reduce risk factors, or prevent disease or disability. Counsels' patients and family members about self-management on prevention and treatment plan for health issues, tailoring instructions to patients' individual circumstances. May cover hospital consultations, rounding, and assist with patient procedures as needed. Conducts research into area of specialty and uses findings to provide measurable improvements in patient care and clinical outcomes. Incorporates evidence based practice guidelines into care. Maintain current knowledge of state legal regulations for advanced practice provider practices, including reimbursement of services. Keep abreast of regulatory processes and payer systems such as Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and private sources, as applicable. Demonstrate extensive advanced knowledge of medical principles, practices and techniques.
Dr. Stanton currently works 5 days per week:
• Clinic patients are seen on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Cath block on Tuesday and Thursdays.
• Dr. Stanton currently has 2 outreach locations; Hawarden, IA and Orange City, IA.
- 1.5 days in Orange City, IA. Plan to increase to one additional day for a total of 2 with the addition of the APP.
- A non-Sanford CVA cardiologist in the area retired and is no longer going here. There are only 3 FTE(s) left at CVA (1 EP).
- 1/2 day in Hawarden, IA. Plan to increase to 1 full day with the additional APP.
- Mercy managed entity and cardiology are no longer going here due to no cardiologist to cover Sioux City.
- Currently working with Mercy Medical Center in Sioux City, IA about the possibility of offering daily telemedicine visits.
- The telemedicine office visits may lead to other healthcare interventions, which may result in patients coming to SF or waiting for the next available locum day to Mercy. This may also have an impact to the Teletrace clinic in terms of work and technical revenues.
• He currently rotates call with 9 other partners in the SCI clinic so new patients are distributed equally, except for those who specifically request an EP since there are only 2 in the Sanford South region covering the 3-state region (4 NE).
• The Stanton practice currently has 1 APP, and 2 RNs. With increased volumes there will be an LPN float on clinic days only.
Heart Failure is the leading cardiac disease in America. Currently the SCI HF clinic has 3,900 patients enrolled.
Completion of a master’s, postmaster’s, or doctorate from an nurse practitioner program accredited by the Commission on the Collegiate of Nursing Education or National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. Licensing prior to August 1, 1995 in ND, master's degree in nursing is preferred.
Demonstrated current competence and provision of care, treatment, or services for an adequate volume of patients in the past twelve months, or completion of master’s/post-master’s degree program in the past twelve months. Experience must correlate to the privileges requested.
Current licensure by the applicable state board of nursing for advanced practice. Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe controlled substances.
Current certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or an equivalent nationally recognized body. Submit current Scope of Practice that has been approved by either the North Dakota State Board of Nursing or the Minnesota Board of Nursing. Obtains and subsequently maintains required department specific competencies and certifications.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to email@example.com .
Job Function: Advanced Practice Provider
Req Number: R-34577